• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Additional thoughts:

If Spider-Man is actually unkillable (which is technically not the same as unlynchable as far as mafia is often concerned), that sorts of...complicates the idea of eliminating him, no?

Also, I find it kind of awkward that this was proposed at night, when the majority of active players are self-aligned survivors or spider clone mafia.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
What I am about to say pertains to the source material and in no way necessarily reflects anything about the game that is based on it. You should not take any of this as facts about this game, it's just me being a Spider-Man nerd and talking about cool bits of lore.

In the comics, the 4 part story titled "The Trial of Peter Parker" was actually quite interesting because it featured not one, but two trials of the titular character. Peter had been arrested for murders committed by Kaine (his clone) that had DNA linked back to him at the scene of the crime—pretty convincing evidence. Ben Reilly (his other clone) took his place in jail, pretending to be Peter, while Peter remained at large looking for answers. During this time Peter was kidnapped by Judas Traveller and also put on trial for his actions as Spider-Man, being prosecuted by his worst villains (like Carnage, for example), while he was being defended by Kaine, the murderous clone who got him in trouble in the first place. So while Spider-Man was on trial in Judas' court, Peter (Ben) was on trial in a New York court. It's actually a pretty neat story that came out of the otherwise mostly crap clone saga.

Again, this game might be based on those events but you should know by now "loosely inspired by" does not mean "follows very closely"... Don't take anything I have said here as facts about the game.
that’s interesting, thanks

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Also, if Spider-Man is in an actual chat with the threats to town, then don't we potentially have an absurd amount of info? Like, Minish apparently knows what KoD is doing in the trial-chat, so it's clear that the identities of the participants are not perfectly concealed. Can't Minish's contact just leak us as much information as possible, etc? And why does she have a contact that is presumably a (compatible?) threat to town?

I find it an odd design that Spider-Man can just single-handedly obliterate the myriad anti-town factions.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
I'm not sure on the flavor aspects completely, but apparently Scarlet Spider's wincon is tied to Spiderman's. And KoD is one of the Scarlet Spiders. Dunno anything further than that. Aunt May dying was sort of the catalyst to this though.

It should be obvious by now that I'm Gwen Stacy. I'm 100% town aligned with no possible alignment flips (that I know of). I can roleblock, distract 3 random spider aligned players, any spider aligned who lynch me have their threshold permanently lowered by 3, I can activate an ability that if a non threat to town is going to die I can die in their place, and I have one other ability I'd like to keep close to my chest incase things somehow go awry.

I believe Tevish can see a role of someone who tracks him? If so I'm willing to track him so he can verify.

Apparently Spiderman has said he plans to plead guilty before the night ends. He's waiting on Zinger to answer some things.

Also also, why is Spider-Man motivated to lose?

Spiderman likes some craziness. He was willing to have some fun to help town win at cost to his own wincon. There was leverage to use against him to make him think he could win, but we laid out that it was actually a fake made to make him think it was real and that he needed it for his wincon.

Sorry, I don't get to see anybody's role. If someone tracks me, I get naught but a name. I then MAY choose to give them my Role PM, which I have continued to tell Zinger that I am preemptively choosing to do for everybody. However I can say Minish hasn't seen my Role PM yet so could have believed that in good faith.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
that sounds a bit too weird for a game like this

what happens if he pleads not guilty? can’t we just keep disrupting the anti-town?

If he pleads not guilty then every threat comes back into the game.

since when can you post at night Minish? are you using the communal ability?

I am yeah. That's why it took me so long to post because I was waiting on Zinger's okay.

Also, if Spider-Man is in an actual chat with the threats to town, then don't we potentially have an absurd amount of info? Like, Minish apparently knows what KoD is doing in the trial-chat, so it's clear that the identities of the participants are not perfectly concealed. Can't Minish's contact just leak us as much information as possible, etc? And why does she have a contact that is presumably a (compatible?) threat to town?

I find it an odd design that Spider-Man can just single-handedly obliterate the myriad anti-town factions.

I know everyone who is in it. And it's all the threats we already know. The Jackal, PK, CL, Poy, and KoD. It's only know threats so not any potentially mafia spidey clones.

And I'm in contact with the person who started the trial. He's not necessarily involved like the rest. His wincon is compatible with town still winning so he's not a threat. I'm relaying info as I find it out. Apparently PK keeps rebutting his own arguments in the trial, and KoD is pushing for him to plead not guilty.

if they’re there and can see doesn’t that mean they’re a threat too?
why are you trusting them?

if it’s the traveller I’ll ask you to rethink about him because I feel like you started trusting them way too early

They have told me everything and I believe this person not to be able to lie to me so easily. I mean either way it's too late for anyone to go back on trust because Spidey is planning on pleading guilty and he talked to this person himself as well.

Sorry, I don't get to see anybody's role. If someone tracks me, I get naught but a name. I then MAY choose to give them my Role PM, which I have continued to tell Zinger that I am preemptively choosing to do for everybody. However I can say Minish hasn't seen my Role PM yet so could have believed that in good faith.

Ah, for some reason I thought you could choose one of the people who tracked you and see their role as well.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
The Jackal (as an account) doesn't reveal a player; PK, CL, and Poy are all formally confirmed (i.e. they died and left the game with mod confirmation of their alignment). KoD is strange because he has not been formally outed. Freddeh is likewise -- someone (Ex?) claimed that he was the Green Goblin, but it's not really 'known' in the actual game, so it's not surprising that he's not represented, as it would remove any capacity for him to defend himself/fake claim.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Wait, what?

Just them? What about Freddeh being outed as the Green Goblin?

And why is KoD with them? if they’re Kaine they let me kill Poy N1

It's not known for a fact that Freddeh is Green Goblin. If he had flipped and was a threat to town he'd be there.

KoD is there because he's Kaine and apparently something about Kaine being involved in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom