• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The 7th Genration Console Known As "Zeebo".

What do yout hink of the Zeebo?

• Looks fair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks good.

• It's Ostrich crap.

• Total voters

MrLuigi

Theorist
1. It's not released in North America (or Europe and Japan for that fact), so you probably haven't heard of it.

2. It looks neat but it's bashed by newer gamers (because of graphics).

Instead of physical discs or carts, it uses wireless downloads to supply games. They said that this is used to thwart piracy.

It is currently being retailed in Brazil, Mexico, and soon China, India, and Russia.It's meant for developing markets.

The agreement gives us access to AT&T's international roaming network, allowing us to carry out rapid trials of the Zeebo platform in new geographic areas as we establish longer-term agreements with local carriers for deployment of the system. It will also give us a chance to explore opportunities in the US market in the future.

I watched some You Tube videos of some of the games, it doesn't have the best graphics but it seems pretty innovative.

Model 1
Zeebo-Real_Console.jpg

In most of the pictures I've seen of the Zeebo it looks promising. From the Wikipedia article it mentions Sega and Capcom are looking into games for it. And most of the games are re-releases with a few up-to-date games.

Read up on it here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeebo

[video=youtube;YctFjbUuZgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YctFjbUuZgs[/video]

If it is released to "developed markets" would you buy it? I mean from the You Tube videos the games don't interest me but if Sega and Capcom get involved I might just get one. I speculate it will be released in "developed markets" in the time range 2012-2015.

I seem to recall Nintendo developing something similar for China not so long ago...ok here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player

Basically an N64 in terms of hardware, and most of the games released for it were directly off the N64. But in an attempt to thwart piracy you had to go to a store and download the games to a memory card. I don't know if it's still retailing, but at the time is was pretty innovative.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Looks pretty decent, despite graphics, and would be something I might want once they release it in America.
As for downloading games rather than buying them, it's like the PSPgo all over again.

If that controller isn't a direct rip of the classic controller, then I don't know what is. Sure, it be mice to rebuy games I already have played, but do I really want to? No. I got a bigger kick out of the Tron wiimote. But, it is nice for places like China and Mexico to get some of the classic games. In the end, I would reather save up for something of a little higher quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom