• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The 2012 London Olympics!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
http://www.london2012.com/beach-volleyball/event/women/match=bvw400101/index.html

How about this Gold Medal matchup? Misty and Kerri or April and Jennifer? USA vs. USA. Everyone place your bets now!

I'm actually more fond of the team of Misty and Kerri. I love their story and as this will be their last Olympics, I want to see them three-peat. I think that would be really awesome for them, and I think they're just a better squad than April and Jen.

Wow, I would've never expected a match between those two teams. I'm all for Kerri and Misty! Wooo! :party:

Great Olympic games. The competition was intense and it was especially pleasing to see the host nation of Great Britain make such a comeback at the end scoring third on the overall medal count podium. I managed to tune in to some diving and track and field tonight following screening of several of my favorites animes on Toonami.

It's bittersweet that the 2012 London games end tomorrow however they have been the breeding place of history and future champions. Michael Phelps, Misty May and Kerri Walsh, Usain Bolt, all defending gold medalists returned to snag their place on the podium of all time athletic great. We're also seeing the birth of new namesakes in all areas such as Ryan Lochte, April Ross and Jen Kessy, and Yohan Blake who will serve as mighty replacements for retiring athletes.

I'm very excited for the marathon tomorrow and one final spectacle in the form of the closing ceremony. Onward to the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi and South America for the first time in 2016-Rio.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
My mom kept screaming happily every time Mexico made a goal. :3
Haha, that so? Maybe she picked Mexico to win. :)

Ah, it's always sad seeing the Olympic games come to an end. Now to wait another four years. Oh well, guess there will be other things to watch, other things to do. These were some great games, though, I really enjoyed watching them.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Great Olympic games.
It's bittersweet that the 2012 London games end tomorrow however they have been the breeding place of history and future champions.
I'm very excited for the marathon tomorrow and one final spectacle in the form of the closing ceremony. Onward to the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi and South America for the first time in 2016-Rio.

On your first point, it indeed fostered some great games. Some of my most memorable moments of the 2012 Olympics were seeing Jordyn Wieber; Michael Phelps making history YET AGAIN; the USA Men's Basketball team absolutely annihilating Nigeria by 83 points; America winning a lot of gold; and gymnastics always yaaay. McKayla Maroney's face (my new favorite meme):

tumblr_m8m074vFcO1rdpa5go1_500.png

This is amazing like I can't. I was brooding yesterday over not potentially being able to see Jordyn Wieber on her gymnastics tour but I saw this image and I died. Love that McKayla is embracing the meme.

Really heartbroken, though, for Jordyn Wieber. She had huge aspirations coming into London and just completely fell short. It's a shame. Maybe she wasn't totally healthy, maybe that one Olympic rule is stupid, maybe she just choked. I certainly hope she goes to compete in Rio as I'd love to see her achieve her dreams.

As every other Olympic fan feels, it's bittersweet to see the games come to a close in the closing ceremony today. I wonder if it'll outdo the opening ceremony. :right:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I am more a winter olympics person so for me 2014 is more important :P But it was fun. I haven't watched much but I am proud at my country for what they did. Epke Zonderland is going to be our man the rest of the year :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom