• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Temple of Time: the Hardest Temple

Flagpole

I'm back!!
A few days ago, I started thinking that, each time you complete a temple at OOT, you receive a medallion.

And to win the light medallion, you need to win three dungeons to collect three spiritual stones, then take the Master Sword.

So, in fact, to complete the Temple of Time, you must, in fact, win three dungeons.

Many people says the Water Temple is the hardest temple, but if you play OOT for the first time, what is harder, the three child's dungeons, or one puzzling temple?

In my opinion, the Temple of Time is the hardest temple. What's your opinion, guys?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
the three child dungeons are longer than just one temple, but harder? im not so sure, the first play through i ever did of OoT is a good example, i beat the three dungeons with some difficulty, but when i got to the water temple i almost freaked out. In fact i restarted my whole file because i thought i had done something in the water temple that was out of order and had messed my whole file up.

now i know that i was just messing one of the harder keys to find, which brings me to my next point only temples have keys, dungeons dont, well at least in OoT. anyway keys a alot of difficulty wheras in a dungeon if the door is barred of you can usually find somthing in that same room to unlock it like an eye to shoot or a torch to light.

i dont consider the temple of time to be a true temple, but i guess you could say it is, you do get a medallion. if you believe that the first three dungeons are really just a part of the temple of time then i would say the temple of time is longer but not harder.

now when i play OoT i can wreck these dungeons, beating them without even touching some of the rooms, it is easy when you know how.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Perhaps on the first playthrough when the puzzles aren't as familiar. I guess three dungeons with minor nuisances can stack up to one really frustrating temple.

On the other hand, there are some parts later in the game that can be pretty hectic on the first time round: Ironknuckles, the stalfos knights, phantom ganon, etc. It really depends on how familiar the person is with Zelda style gameplay. If they played some other 3d Zelda first, then the first three sets of puzzles might be a little more basic to them.

As for my personal opinion... hmm: I had some minor troubles with Jabu Jabu's belly, but most of the frustration came in the later temples. I'd definitely say the water temple is more of a pain than all three of them put together.

Also, that's a pretty neat way of thinking of the Temple of Time. :D

H

Hero0fTimeLink

I would say that the child dungeon's were really easy. I mean if i can beat all those temples in an hour those are really easy.I mean yeah the first time i played OoT inside japu japu's belly was really hard for me xD but no its like really easy.

Though if you count Inside The Well as one of his temples that was a bit challenging but not much...

I'd have to say that adult link's temples are harder then the temple of time espically water temple..no doubt

K

Kell

If the entire game sans the Water Temple were counted as one dungeon, I would choose that over the WT. Just sayin'

K

Kadaj

Out of the Child temples, I would have to say that Jabu-Jabu's Belly is the hardest due to the fact that it's larger, it has a more complex scenario to it such as destroying the Tail things in rooms to open up other rooms; carrying around Princess Ruto. The other 2 temples dont really have a combination of such work.

I personally would have to say the Water Temple is the toughest temple out of the 5. It takes a lot of play-time and skill to be able to complete this temple properly and orderly without making mistakes and having to reset the water levels all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom