• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SWORD Techniques??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dYgrMz_XBI

Goto 0:40, you see Link swing his sword and you see its like a sword beam move and kill the plant, or maybe I'm wrong and he's actually close enough to cut the enemy in half.

Well, after he kills that one, and than kills the second one, you see his sword light up and make a noise, what could this be? Any ideas? I'm thinking you have to fight a certain amount of enemys and use your sword to build up power in order to use a special move with the sword, and maybe what just went on with that sword after killing the two plants tells you that its ready to use whatever special move or sword technique.

Tak

Game Over
I belive that is the sword beam, which is a returning skill from previous Zelda Games.
It will probably work like the beam attack from a link to the past. When you have full health, you can shoot beams from your sword. (only after you get the Master Sword).

I think it will work differently in Skyward Sword. You may have to hold a certain button or combo attack enemies in order for it to work.

uhmmmmm... :dry:

no, the sword beam can be used at any time, you hold your sword toward the sky (hence the title of the game) and it will charge up and you can then swing to get a sword beam, as for the sound i beeive it's the sound that says you are ready to charge for another sword beam again, or it's like in tp for the spin attack :D

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
uhmmmmm... :dry:

no, the sword beam can be used at any time, you hold your sword toward the sky (hence the title of the game) and it will charge up and you can then swing to get a sword beam, as for the sound i beeive it's the sound that says you are ready to charge for another sword beam again, or it's like in tp for the spin attack :D

That pretty much sums it up, just holding the sword "skyward" charges it up. Then you swing the sword and it flings a blue blade through the air.

There could be like sword techniques like from TP. But if they included them, it may be a really tough game. (swinging the wii remote in the correct direction)

The sword beam, very likely

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Actually I think it's just holding the sword still... I'm pretty sure I saw some videos where the person just held it still even tho it was sideways or downwards and it charged up, not sure though the skyward only thing would make a lot more sense.

Something I noticed...In ALttP Link must hold the Master Sword in the air pointing towards the sky in order to obtain the Bombos, Ether and Quake Spells. In which he also must use the Book of Mudora to read ancient Hylian text. Could be nothing, but maybe there's something more to Skyloft than we know about yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom