• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Sword Quest

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Are you talking about the Gilded Sword or the Great Fairy's Sword? I'd say yes to the Gilded Sword and no to the Great Fairy's Sword. The Gilded Sword's extended range and power is very helpful, making it worth the slightly frustrating Goron race. The Great Fairy's Sword is found too late in the game to be useful and it is a C-button item. I didn't bother to get it until I did a 100% run.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I echo what CSD said. The Gilded Sword is worth it (it really doesn't take that long to get once you first beat Snowhead!) - you keep it forever provided you save after getting it, it does (4x?) the damage the Kokiri Sword does, longer reach, and is well...a really good weapon to have. The Great Fairy Sword is a 2 handed C-Button item that honestly isn't as effective due to loss of shield, although it does 4x the damage of the Kokiri Sword vs the GS' 3x damage of the Kokiri Sword. Overall, you will find that getting the Great Fairy Sword is more of a hassle than a reward because you get it at the 4th dungeon which is also the second to last provided you are aiming to also get Fierce Deity's Mask...

T

thefourthsword

yes the game is so hard if you dont and the quest isnt hard

I think both the glided and the Great Fariy swords are worth getting, that is if you want to go for a 100% complete first time round. though the swords do both the same damage, it's easier to get the glided sword.

I thought the Razor Sword and the Gilded Sword both did 2x the damage of the Kokiri sword, but the Razor Sword only lasts for 100 strikes while the Gilded Sword is permanent.

Ice Sage

these are words
The Gilded sword is worth it. The only hard part of getting it for me was the goron racetrack, and you can race as much as you like until you win. So, I say it is very much worth it.

Majoras mask

Creepy purple guy!
i would say that the great fairy's sword is pointless considering how late you get it in the game. the gilded sword is a lot quicker than the great fairy's sword, it's actually a b- item and only does slightly less damage (gilded being 3x better than the kokiri sword and great faiy's sword being 4x). Do a 100% run by all means but the goron races are less frustrating than finding the bloody fairies in the stone tower temple. -.-

Well, if you really wanted to use the Great fariy sword early, then you'd have to complete Stone Tower Temple before Great Bay Temple.
That said, it's a pointless execise.

The Great Fairy's sword is stronger than the Gilded sword.

Well I never really knew cause i never tested them both at the same time on one particular enemy. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom