• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Sword Confusion

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
Why is the default sword that Link starts with in Majoras Mask called the Kokiri Sword when it looks nothing like it from Ocarina of Time???

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, I agree with Seth. I mean, the original Kokiri Sword looked like a small knife compared to the dagger/short sword apperance of the MM Kokiri Sword. Not exactly a hero's tool, using a butterknife :lol:

Link "borrows" the Kokiri's treasured sword and then modifies it. Oh, Link.

Though really, I don't see why they went to the trouble of remodeling it and then calling it the same name. In early screenshots of the game it was the same model as in Ocarina of Time.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Technically, the sword in Majora's Mask is the Hero's Sword, just as the shield is the Hero's Shield. As for where he got this hero's equipment... who knows?

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Technically, the sword in Majora's Mask is the Hero's Sword, just as the shield is the Hero's Shield. As for where he got this hero's equipment... who knows?

Incorrect. When you go onto the Equipment Subscreen (which I guess is also the Quest Status Subscreen), the default sword is captioned "Kokiri Sword."

Garo

Boy Wonder
Incorrect. When you go onto the Equipment Subscreen (which I guess is also the Quest Status Subscreen), the default sword is captioned "Kokiri Sword."

o_O Really? Are you sure?

*goes to confirm*

UPDATE: Well dip me in butter and roll me in nuts, that's right. I always just assumed that since the shield was redesigned and renamed the sword was as well. My bad!

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
It is the Kokiri Sword, whether if he changed the hilt or even sharpened it, the title doesn't change. So much for "borrowing" though. I can't imagine the looks on the Kokiri's faces when he returned it finally. :lol:

The shield is a different shield obviously. It has a new design and a different name. It's called the Hero's Shield probably because he was given it for saving Hyrule.

Ice Sage

these are words
Of cource, he "borrowed" it and then changed it so that the kokiri couldn't prove that he took it and sue him. Whick would make Link :(. But seriously, I think that if he got a new shield he may would have either forged the kokiri sword or get a new and name it after the old one.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Maybe the kokiri just gave the sword to him after he saved hyrule and he modified it...
Or maybe its just design like the hylian shield becoming the hero's shield(or link changing it for the hero's shield) or maybe the design is just asthetic and not even cannon, like the hero's shield being selled in the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom