• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Battles

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I've noticed that there are not many sword battles in the Legend of Zelda series which at least I would think there would be a lot of considering Link wields a sword. The only real sword battles I can think of are Ganondorf from TP (sort of) and it looks like Ghirahim has a sword battle (I don't really know much about Skyward Sword so I don't know if they've said Ghirahim will do that or not.)

I was thinking that considering that Link wields a sword, they should have a lot more sword battles and I don't mean like when Lizalfos come at you with their sword you block it with a shield or when you have to push Ganondorf backwards when you're pushing against each other in TP. I don't count those as true sword battles.

I was wondering what you guys think about being able to control every tiny movement of your sword so that you can do sword battles kinda like in star wars (except obviously not lightsabers) where when you block someone slashing at you, you don't use your shield, you deflect it with your own sword and then slash back.

I don't think I explained that too well but for anyone who understands what I mean, please reply.

there where LOADS AND LOADS of sword battles in Zelda II, but i get what you mean, i hope we'll get a one on one fight with Groose in SwS

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Yeah, I really like the final fight with Ganondorf in TP because it takes more skill than just knowing how to defeat him. The fight with Ghirahim looks to be the same way, which excites me even more. With most Zelda bosses, you basically just have to figure out what to do and then do it, but with "sword battles", it actually takes logic and skill. I hope they put more of them into future games.

lithanium

has eaten a boulder!
hopefully there wuill be many of those in SS.

actually, there are quite a few real sword battles, but most of them sadly have workarounds that everyone uses because their so lazy -_-

example: dark link (any version) ganondorf, Ghirahim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom