• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
SHAKING AND CRYING RIGHT NOW.

Yeah, I wasn't really expecting Cloud to show up at all, considering people having been (and still are) clamoring for Geno. Very pleased he showed up, but ugh, his model. It looks so unfinished. Please don't let that be his final model, Mashpotato Samurai.

But did Cloud really win the Smash Ballot, or has Sakurai added him as a fan favourite choice as he did for Ryu and Roy? I guess we'll find out more next month.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Now that I think about it, Cloud will have a history on Nintendo platforms with Final Fantasy Explorers on the 3DS. :P

Cloud's already made his debut, though. He's in both Theatrhythm Final Fantasy games on the 3DS as a party member, so Explorers is actually going to be his third outing on a Nintendo console. One that will better showcase his abilities than the incredibly simple version that Theatrhythm does.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
As I am not a Final Fantasy fan, I can only judge him from gameplay. In short, I'm not interested. He appears to be another swordsman who can buff his attacks akin to Shulk, and has the most generic Final Smash possible. When I first saw his stage, I thought "Wow, another Battlefield clone", then came all these hazards that are crazier than Kalos Pokemon League and Spear Pillar combined. It makes me want a hazards toggle more than anything, honestly, and more unique platform layouts like Pyrosphere.

I cannot wait for the Smash Brothers presentation next month. I still get good chills from the Brawl Final Destination music, and it's been over seven years.

Why did Sakurai hand us an Ike clone?

Also we had a message in the direst with very similar colours to a older SSB stage we all know and love (my favourite stage ever).

12227548_10205592736203810_2663955521714577105_n.jpg

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I loved FF7. Its an amaizng JRPG and I spent like 110 hours to complete twice. Cloud is such a great character. A friend of mine was exclaiming so hard when he was announced she fell out of her chair. I can't wait.

I think this is dope as ****. I've been getting into competitive Smash for a little while now and FFVII is my favorite game. So, I guess Square has decided to be kick ass again?

Smash Bros. special broadcast in December will be the last one
http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-special-broadcast-in-december-will-be-the-last-one/

This does not mean general directs will or will not get SSB4 info. This just means after december there will be no more SSB4 only dedicated directs.

Also I think I remember reading somewhere a tweet from Miyamoto, saying he wanted a fantasy based sword character in SSB4. Another one. So Sakurai said yes and made it happen, that chatacter became Cloud. I can't find the source for this.

I personally do not think SSB4 needed yet another sword based character, especially not a clone of an already existing character (Ike). But I don't think anyone would say no to Miyamoto. Not even Sakurai it seems. The FF/Cloud fans would liek him for the nostalgia I guess so it's not a coplete loss.

i don't know,mega man himself already caused quite a stir

It's tough to say which would have been more hype-inducing. I'd personally have to give it to Mega Man, because not only was he a very common pick due to his history with Nintendo, he definitely is more iconic of a video game character than Cloud is when we take into account how long he's been around and how many games he's had over a very large period of time. Cloud is way up there, but I don't think he's close to the "Mario-Pacman-Sonic" core we had at launch. I'd put Cloud in the same tier as Master Chief and Solid Snake; very recognizable and awesome characters that anyone remotely familiar with gaming would recognize, but not someone that a soccer mom off the street could name for you.

I'd put Cloud in the same tier as Master Chief and Solid Snake; very recognizable and awesome characters that anyone remotely familiar with gaming would recognize, but not someone that a soccer mom off the street could name for you.
I would not actually. Sure the FF fans know who cloud is. But everyone else surely knows what FF is but are not too familiar with the characters in FF. For the average person when they think of FF, they do not think of Cloud. I know I do not. For Snake and Master Chief, those 2 characters embody their games. Everyone instantly thinks Snake and MC when thinking of their respective games. Cloud is pure fan service for the FF fans. That's not inherently a bad thing, but that is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom