• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Holiday doesn't imply that it will be on the 25th of December. That's definitely not the case since we had games such as Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks originally marketed to have a Holiday release only to be later confirmed that the launch dates were within the holiday season. So because the Wii U version has a Holiday 2014 release date, the means we can expect the game to come out Late November-Early December, just in time for Christmas which is a great marketing tool considering people start thinking of what they want as a gift during the holidays. Combined that with Super Smash Bros. and you have potentially a game that would sell millions within launch day similar to what Mario Kart 8 did.
Yes, that's exactly what I thought "holiday" meant. (that it was just around that time of year) I was just asking if they had a solid date yet.

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about the 3DS version. :sweat:

In terms of gaming, "holiday season" can mean anything from early-November to as late as January of the next year. They tend to be designated in 'quarters'. As such, Super Sm4sh Bros. has been slated to be released during the fourth quarter, or 'Q4', of this year.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That's about right.

863.png

By the way, does anyone get the "Link's real face" thing? Because I don't. o_0

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Theory.... Squirtle has been replaced by Greninja as the water starter. Ivysaur will be replaced by Sceptile due to Omega and Alpha release. Discuss

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 54

Monday, 23rd June
zlCfzSFJhq8Wts9z-Y

Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger.
Pac-Land was a side-scrolling platforming game first released on arcade in 1984, and this is a stage for Wii U based on it. It debuted in Pac-Man's trailer at E3. Along with this Fairyland area with the Fairy Queen, there was also a town section identical in appearance to the original game.

Tuesday, 24th June
zlCfzSFZD20lxf4hs5

Here's Link in an outfit based on his ordinary clothes in Skyward Sword! The art style looks a little different, but the actual clothing model is still his usual tunic.
A new alternative colour scheme for Link. As mentioned, it is based on Link's starting clothes in Skyward Sword, but due to the fact it is only a change in colour, it features elements the original clothes did not, such as the hat and gauntlet.

Wednesday, 25th June
zlCfzSFoKHoCQVVoOw

The all-time classic Balloon Fight returns to the modern age, now playable with four players. This is only a small piece of this jam-packed game.
The Villager's Up Special Move, Balloon Trip, is a fitting match towards the Balloon Fight 3DS stage. The colour of the balloons used is relevant to the player number (eg. red for player 1, blue for player 2), just like the original game.

Thursday, 26th June
zlCfzSF2u8gDHswnsA

Here's Nabbit, who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. You can't see him, but Luigi is inside Nabbit's bag.
Despite Mushroom Kingdom U being a selectable stage in the demo that was playable at events two weeks ago, Nabbit was not present in it. He originates from New Super Mario Bros. U as an enemy that would steal items from Toads and needed to be chased down for a reward. Acting as a stage hazard here, Nabbit presumably captures characters and runs away with them, perhaps off the side of the screen for a KO.

Friday, 27th June
zlCfzSGFk4MsWS_t3o

Some of the physical characteristics of Miis get carried over when you use them as Mii Fighters. The smaller ones become speed fighters and the bigger ones are more akin to power fighters.
Mii Maker allows the adjustment of height and girth for creations, and this leads to balancing qualities when played as in Smash Brothers. Among their plenty of completely unique special moves and costumes, they are more customisable in another regard now.

Also, posted exclusively on the Japanese Director's Room was this:

ところで!
6月28日(土)、29日(日)次世代ワールドホビーフェア'14において、『スマブラ』が日本国内初出展されますよ。
くわしくは、こちら↓
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/whf2014summer/index.html

It seems the 3DS game will be at an event in Japan this weekend. It's likely the same build used at E3 (with a different set language), but we may get more off-screen footage as a result of it featuring there.

By the way, does anyone get the "Link's real face" thing? Because I don't. o_0

Out of context, I would assume it's a reference to the belief of some that Link isn't good-looking in Smash Wii U. Most of those people point fingers at the match results screen.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I had to post this. (Spoiler for Fire Emblem: Awakening)

10494630_144993375671053_8747568548478935125_n.jpg

f4a.png

There are multiple alts for characters in Smash 4... THERE ARE MULTIPLE ALTS FOR CHARACTERS IN SMASH 4!

THERE IS HOPE YET FOR A PROPER LINK ALT!!!

:party::party::party:

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There are multiple alts for characters in Smash 4... THERE ARE MULTIPLE ALTS FOR CHARACTERS IN SMASH 4!

THERE IS HOPE YET FOR A PROPER LINK ALT!!!

I don't see why link's SS outfit was not a proper alt, they could have at least removed the hat. I hope they brink the Dark link costume back. I wonder if they will have Zelda's possessed form as an alternative outfit this time too.

I have been asking myself this for ages now but where are all the villains? We have only bowser out of i think 30+ contestants. I need Wario and Ganondorf announced soon, but there are plenty of antagonists to put in as well.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Because it wasn't actually SS Link with his starting outfit. It was just a retexture of Smash 4 Link's tunic, which is hardly different than one of the default colors.

I think you misunderstood. I was not claiming that it was a proper alt. I was meaning i don't understand why they did not make it into a proper alt rather than just crappy recolour.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't even consider Wireframe Mac to be a true costume change, it's a retexturing of his skin like any other palette swap. It'd be like if Rosalina got a Cosmic Spirit alternate. Mac's training outfit is its own thing entirely, and Link's Skyward Sword outfit is not. That's like saying Peach's Daisy look is a costume.

I can't imagine the Wireframe form will be getting its own unique colour schemes either, whereas I think Hoodie Mac will (or at least I hope), like how Wario's two outfits in Brawl had their own colours and the two genders of Wii Fit Trainers have their own individual colour changes in the new games.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 55

Monday, 30th June
zlCfzSG6_nczmqwKS4

Here's a Poppant, an enemy that appeared in the previous game in this series. Poppants will appear in Smash Run, scampering around as they drop a variety of items.

zlCfzSG7ACMPxs3VMV

There are other bonus characters that appear in this game, too. Here's an Iridescent Glint Beetle from the Pikmin series. Keep hitting it!! Keep hitting it for gold!!
The Poppant enemy was a new enemy introduced in Brawl's Subspace Emissary, and it reappears in Smash Run along with other Subspace Army foes. It was one of several enemies known to be in Smash Run since the mode was introduced to us in April, and it acts in an identical manner to how it is in Brawl. Similarly, the Iridescent Glint Beetle, which first appeared in Pikmin 2, is one of the few Pikmin enemies known to exist in the mode so far, and has details in this post about how it functions as an enemy.

Tuesday, 1st July
zlCfzSHLYeknTJ-uhA

The pink sweatshirt looks really cool on Little Mac, so you can use that outfit in this game… How can a pink sweatshirt look so cool?

Looks like some of you noticed that this version of Little Mac wasn't shown at E3. There are many things, like Link's Skyward Sword tunic design I posted earlier, that haven't been revealed yet.
Little Mac's training outfit has been with him since the Punch-Out!! game on NES, and has even made appearances in the new Smash games already in the FMV segment of his trailer and as his on-screen entrance animation. The hoodie joins Little Mac as the sixth known choice of alternative looks, alongside four colour palettes and the wireframe form.

Wednesday, 2nd July
zlCfzSHa4u8w2qzeCh

The Mii Gunner in his suit. Looking sharp! The arm cannon's design will change depending on the outfit, but the attacks and projectiles will be the same.
More information on the Mii cosmetics. There is also the reveal of a new Rosalina palette swap. The colours here are formatted the opposite of Fire Rosalina's outfit in Super Mario 3D World, which is a red dress with white frills (and a ponytail). This is closer to Fire Peach's outfit from 3D World, as well as Peach's original look in Super Mario Bros. on NES.

Thursday, 3rd July
zlCfzSHp5to4BWWqJ0

Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man Volnutt!! They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!

zlCfzSHp5905tPGIt5

...How can we not use it for trophy creation?! Today's update is a rare mix of Wii U and 3DS images in the same post.
The split second in question is upon the activation of Mega Man's Final Smash. The trophy shown is Mega Man X, who is a part of said Final Smash along with the aforementioned Mega Man incarnations.

Friday, 4th July
zlCfzSH4I_w3VRlhdN

Pac-Maze is a stage exclusive to the 3DS version, created in the Pac-Man motif. If you eat 100 Pac-Dots, Power Pellets will appear in your color.

zlCfzSH4JkY-5GrW90

If you eat a Power Pellet, the monsters will become vulnerable and you can defeat them just by touching them. An important point is that the monsters will become vulnerable only on your screen, which means that they can still damage your opponents!! This is one of the unique game features only possible in the 3DS version.
This is the 3DS Pac-Man stage that was revealed with Pac-Man himself in his trailer. The concept of collecting 100 of something leading to a gimmick is similar to the Golden Plains stage, also on 3DS. Blinky, Inky, Pinky and Clyde the Ghosts act as the hazards here, but become disposable to only the player who collects a Power Pellet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom