• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I would like to see Kirby after swallowing Greninja.

It's the top of its head, similar to some of the other Pokemon. No tongue scarf, unfortunately. It and the hats of the other newcomers up to Greninja can be seen in the video below:

[video=youtube;Ykr2KZT0K6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykr2KZT0K6g[/video]
Palutena Kirby can be seen in this screenshot:

screen-7.jpg

No sight of the Mii Hats yet. I can't imagine what it would be, considering their apparent heavy customisation. I also have no idea what move Kirby would copy when he inhales them. The same goes for Palutena. Would it be the one they currently have assigned, or is there a default he always copies?

Last edited:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
So I got to play it. I went to the best buy the morning at 9:30, got there a little before it opened and had a nice spot in line to wait before the event started at noon. When it did they brought out some 3DS and I got to play as took link through smash run. Smash run is a beauty. It seems like the perfect fit for a smash brothers game.

when I got to the front of the line and got my chance to play, omg. I was 2nd place in both 2 minute runs. First game I played Little Mac on the punch out stage. Little mac feels awesome. He's fast. He's powerful. I had people saying "Little mac is dumb" in a good way as I was playing. What cost me that match was Link catching all three of us in his final smash and killing 2 of us(not me) then he had the advantage from then on. My second game I was gonna go for Link but someone else grabbed him again and I didn't want to be that guy. So I chose fox and we all agreed on battlefield for the fight. Greninja won that one from yet more final smash nonsense. I'm also just not the greatest at 4 player fights. But hey it was a lot of fun.

The game feels great to me. Like, I played brawl last night so I could feel the difference between the two today and it's there. The physics feel great. Faster than brawl, slower than melee. If there was a problem it might have been recovery time after attacks but that's only a minor gripe. Besides that, everything is just beautiful. Best buy was a lot calmer about the event today as well. People could actually watch the game. They weren't yelling at people to move away. Everyone was just having a good time. Now it just needs to come out.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Thanks for the insight, Libk. I was going to buy the game regardless, but praise is always encouraging.

Also, does anyone know if Amiibo characters will be allowed in online play? I'm currently under the assumption that they will work similar to Mii Fighters, being restricted to friend matches.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Also, does anyone know if Amiibo characters will be allowed in online play? I'm currently under the assumption that they will work similar to Mii Fighters, being restricted to friend matches.

As in, played as? You can't, they're AI that you raise.

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying and you know that. In which case, I would assume you can't add CPU or FP to online matches, whether against strangers or not.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 53

Monday, 16th June
zlCfzSDcry8uufR3zA

Here are some weapons the Mii Swordfighter can use: Shurikens of Light, Chakrams, and Gale Strikes. You can control the direction the Chakram is thrown, or even make it stall in midair. The Chakram is also the only one of these tied to the side special move, so you can use one of the other items consecutively with this one.
Each Mii Class has 12 entirely separate special moves, unlike others who have variations of existing moves, excluding Palutena. The Chakram is one of the Mii Swordfigher's three potential side special moves, and the Light Shurikens and Gale Strikes are likely neutral specials, which means only one of those two may be selected at a time.

Tuesday, 17th June
zlCfzSDrvR8DZPCZGu

Here's Dr. Eggman's machine, Eggrobo. It'll appear as a guest character in Smash Run and attack you with laser beams.
Eggrobo is a badnik in the Sonic the Hedgehog games, and the only enemy from that series known to be in Smash Run so far. Like other appearing enemies, it spawns at random locations on the map that players explore, and drops power-ups when defeated for characters to collect.

Wednesday, 18th June
zlCfzSD6O_cPAtRis4

Here's a new mini-game that's quite a bit different from Coin Launcher in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's called Trophy Rush! The details…will be kept secret for now.
This new bonus game was seen in the 3DS version trailer during the Digital Event at E3. It is likely played between the stages of Classic Mode and such, similar to Target Smash, and wields rewards for the player. In this screenshot, we can see a new customisable move is up for grabs (the gear icon), and in the aforementioned trailer, there's also coins and trophies, of course.

Thursday, 19th June
zlCfzSEIZ-khoMvtnu

Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange.
There are eight fruits (and other bonus objects) that appeared in the original Pac-Man game, and they are (in order) the Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Apple, Melon, Galaxian Starship, Bell, and Key. As their rate of appearing in that game slowed down once the Orange was reached, this is reflected in SSB4 by having the charge time take longer as the player reaches the more powerful items in the lineup.

Friday, 20th June
zlCfzSEWigYfd1BJ72

Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling.

We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization.
The only other modification we have seen for Donkey Kong is a slower Headbutt that grants resistance. This customised Giant Punch has a wind effect, but it is unknown what other aspects may be changed, such as the charge time or execution rate.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I forget, is there an official release date yet?
I'm getting more and more excited for this SSB as time goes on......

Fig

The Altruist
I forget, is there an official release date yet?
I'm getting more and more excited for this SSB as time goes on......

The official release date for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will be October 3rd, 2014. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be available on Holiday 2014. I find it rather weird that you somehow are behind when it comes to Smash Bros., considering how much emphasis Nintendo is trying to push the new installments in the Smash series. I'm just saying but it isn't hard to click on the official site and Sakurai's Miiverse everyday.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Let's not forget the 3DS game comes out three weeks earlier in Japan, on (their) September 13th. We'll have a complete roster and stage list within the two days following. :P

It's great to not have releases several months apart between regions like Brawl did, and I hope the Wii U title at least matches how soon we're getting the 3DS version after Japan.

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
The official release date for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will be October 3rd, 2014. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be available on Holiday 2014. I find it rather weird that you somehow are behind when it comes to Smash Bros., considering how much emphasis Nintendo is trying to push the new installments in the Smash series. I'm just saying but it isn't hard to click on the official site and Sakurai's Miiverse everyday.
No, I knew that, I just said I FORGOT xD

But yeah, I was talking mainly about the Wii U version.... so I take it they actually haven't given out an ACTUAL date... or does 'holiday' MEAN the 25th exactly?
I was always told it meant "around that time"....

Fig

The Altruist
No, I knew that, I just said I FORGOT xD

But yeah, I was talking mainly about the Wii U version.... so I take it they actually haven't given out an ACTUAL date... or does 'holiday' MEAN the 25th exactly?
I was always told it meant "around that time"....

Holiday doesn't imply that it will be on the 25th of December. That's definitely not the case since we had games such as Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks originally marketed to have a Holiday release only to be later confirmed that the launch dates were within the holiday season. So because the Wii U version has a Holiday 2014 release date, the means we can expect the game to come out Late November-Early December, just in time for Christmas which is a great marketing tool considering people start thinking of what they want as a gift during the holidays. Combined that with Super Smash Bros. and you have potentially a game that would sell millions within launch day similar to what Mario Kart 8 did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom