• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
So Lucario is returning and people are PISSED that Mewtwo is not coming back. Miiverse just exploded.

Personally I'd rather have a new Pokémon as opposed to Lucario, but Lucario's pretty radical so I gues I'm fine with it. Mega Blaziken woulda been hype tho.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't think that was stated anywhere, was it (correct me if I'm wrong please)? Mewtwo can still come back - there is nothing wrong with having both Mewtwo and Lucario.

I honestly don't know why many people automatically assume why Mewtwo won't return. Just because Lucario has returned doesn't mean it is confirmed that Mewtwo won't, it just simply means that there is a smaller chance of it happening. Sure Mewtwo is more iconic than Lucario by a long shot, but when you think about, Lucario has a bigger role in Pokemon XY as you are given a Lucario and according to the legend, the very first Pokemon that was able to Mega Evolve was a Lucario. So either way, it would make sense to bring back Lucario simply because he had a bigger role in the newest Pokemon games than Mewtwo, despite being not well-known as Mewtwo.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
I liked playing Mewtwo in Melee, but for some reason never really liked playing Lucario that much. Maybe I will like him in this next addition.

But, on a side note, I REALLY hope they put Solid Snake back in. I always have a lot of fun playing as him, especially after playing the Metal Gear Solid games. To my knowledge he hasn't been announced. I hope that happens.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 3rd February
zlCfzRdQDHMlSzyVcd

A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger.
Just as in Brawl, though it appears noticeably larger this time. Both these shots are probably fully-charged at the respective damage integers.

Tuesday, 4th February
zlCfzRdeseIZoz8bws

When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area.
With better recovery on its side, Lucario will be feared at these high percentages. It may even damage opponents on passing this time around.

Wednesday, 5th February
zlCfzRds_hcSf80pXG

Palkia appeared in the Spear Pillar stage of the previous game…but now it's coming out of a Poké Ball?! Here's Palkia's signature move, Spacial Rend!
Mighty legendary Pokéball Pokémon. Though Xerneas was seen previously, this is our first Pokémon known to be a part of the Pokéball feature in the game.

Thursday, 6th February
zlCfzRd7Lwo8jthrZg

It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video.
What elegance! What grace! What disturbing brutality!

Friday, 7th February
zlCfzReIEp4qSu4lC-

Housed within the Control Capsule! Protected by Rinkas! Eyeball armed with a Laser Brain Attack!! The massive Assist Trophy Mother Brain joins the collection!!
Speaking of mighty and elegant... Mother Brain is the third new assist trophy of our "collection" along with Skull Kid and Ashley, as well as the returning Nintendog and (presumably) Starfy. Seeing an enemy release this during battle will strike great fear in me, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Awesome seeing Mother Brain as an assist trophy. I'm not holding out for any new Metroid fighters, but it's good to know that they're bringing some great elements back. The Power Plant stage was probably the best thing about Other M, and I'm still holding out for Ridley to be a stage-hazard of sorts.

Just waiting for the inevitable Zero Suit reveal....

Fig

The Altruist
Me and Ray were speculating last night when we saw Mother Brain as an assist trophy, and he honestly believes that it is quite possible for Ridley to be a character. He told me that if the Baby Metroid comes back as an assist trophy once again, he believes that is living proof that someone (preferably Ridley) will be alongside with Samus in the character roster. There's nothing better than theorizing about Smash at midnight! ^^

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Little Mac from Punch-Out joins as a newcomer.

main.png

illust-modal.jpg

Pic of the day.
From Punch-out!!, our boxing challenger Little Mac joins the battle!! To get a glimpse of his fearsome punches, check out the newest video or visit the official web site.

zlCfzRf_pkwXAPaZt5

His biggest feature is his Power Meter. When this gets charged up, his standard special move changes! It turns into a one-hit-K.O. uppercut.

zlCfzRf_qAYGsjaLhP

[video=youtube;OST5jvRKUe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OST5jvRKUe4[/video]

Check out the screens of his on the official site, too.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
It sometimes feels like Sakurai is pushing for a "superhero comic book" look, and I find that absolutely awesome. Plus, the gameplay looks quick and stellar as ever.

Oh, and Little Mac :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom