• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
main.png

You won't regret looking at Dedede's dojo screens.

Now if Meta Knight returns to complete the Kirby trio, I hope Sakurai has fine tuned his kit to remove any exploits. I've personally never had any problems with him, but I know many have complained.

Speaking of which, I hope they fix Dedede's down throw to remove the fixed knockback...

Salem

SICK
DDD was like my most played characters in Brawl. :)

Edit: Just one minute ago, gameexplain released their DDD video, dat timing. :D

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 6th January
zlCfzRWOZTc5_B348p

Happy New Year!
There will be trophies in the 3DS and Wii U games, and each version will boast different types and models. The 3DS trophies will be mainly from handhelds and the Wii U version will feature trophies from the home-console games.
A notable pic as the first of the new year, with the confirmation that trophies will return. They are just like stages regarding how they are handled between the two games.

Sakurai also commented on his post reassuring us of the release date:
The new Super Smash Bros. games are expected to be released sometime in 2014. We're still working on beefing them up even more so please stay tuned.

Tuesday, 7th January
zlCfzRWhBeIbY2Vs2x

Zelda's strong side attack. It's a slash attack that utilizes her magic to make even a simple slash look sharp.
More cool effects as seen on Zelda's returning forward tilt.

Wednesday, 8th January
zlCfzRWwloETRuBu2h

The ropes surrounding the ring. You can actually use the stretchiness of the ropes to do a spring jump. However, you can't pull on them to launch yourself sideways in a lariat attack though.
Constant springs on the stage, I like it. A lariat attack sure would be cool, but alas...

Thursday, 9th January
zlCfzRW-TIIAhrn1TC

Watch out for the Shy Guys driving down Rainbow Road.
Just as in Brawl's Mario Circuit, Shy Guys of various colours race around the track as obstacles. Their role will probably be more limited, however, as Rainbow Road is not fixed in place. This makes it look more closely alike Port Town Aero Dive and Mute City.

Friday, 10th January
zlCfzRXKW8EV7EK1_W

Celebrating the launch of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Japan, King Dedede joins the battle! Check out his evocative facial expressions on the official web site.
Another Japanese game release with another veteran reveal. This marks our 21st character, the first of 2014 and ninth since E3.

Of course there's the dojo screens that come with every new reveal. I believe they speak for themselves.

Beeker

Wild Card
Can I just say I love what they're doing with each of the characters? Dedede looks so fantastic with that range of expressions.
tumblr_inline_mz7gcxr5Df1qhw2n8.png

When you compare him in both of his appearances, he looks much more lifelike and fluid. It fits his brash personality as well.

And, it's not only him too. Just about all of the characters are showing a ton of personality and expression in just screenshots. I can't wait to see how they move and act in game. Smash definitely seems to fit a more goofy feel compared to Brawl and it's slightly realistic style. After all, it is supposed to be a fun, wacky fighter!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
DDD was like my most played characters in Brawl. :)

Edit: Just one minute ago, gameexplain released their DDD video, dat timing. :D

Yea, they tend to do that. Take images from the dojo and splatter them into a slideshow less than 45 minutes after the character is revealed. Honestly, I'm not interested unless they are watermark-less images.

[video=youtube;xjMEMq9wvLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjMEMq9wvLA[/video]

They did just release a new video, embedded above, of 30 Zelda screenshots, lacking the watermark. That's great and all, but now I'm trying to find the original source... I got a link to Zelda Informer in the youtube comments, which shows the images as they should. Check them out here. With Google Image search, it lead me to this Neogaf thread, and what do you know, all the latest high resolution images. :D This is the sort of progress I like.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I can't stop laughing from this picture! I am freaking dying from laughter thanks to Krash! I had to put spoilers because of language but nontheless, I can't stop laughing. :xd:
AvzCe5t.png

Fig

The Altruist
This is by far the greatest face of all time! :xd: I can't stop laughing! XD
screen-9.jpg

Found these pics on tumblr! I can't stop laughing Xd

tumblr_mz7gifKwPF1sj68wgo1_500.png

tumblr_mz6aj8ZW6R1s70117o1_500.png

tumblr_mz6aj8ZW6R1s70117o2_500.png

tumblr_mz6rh5l3531r01jsno3_500.jpg

tumblr_mz6rh5l3531r01jsno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mz6dz59Tox1qh532ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mz6dz59Tox1qh532ko2_500.jpg

tumblr_mz6z2edNDv1seys6io1_250.png

tumblr_mz6pyj65Yn1r01jsno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mz6etwKnhT1s754p1o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Monday, 13th January
zlCfzRYCW5A3O3JlNM

King Dedede uses one of the strongest side smash attacks in all of Smash Bros. Use this attack wisely in battles.
I presume due to its slow start-up. Nobody should be spamming this.

Tuesday, 14th January
zlCfzRYO5Agji5nVXK

Rosalina and Luma's attacks are very different. This screencap shows Rosalina producing a Saturnian ring for her strong up attack.
The varying attacks of the two characters make their pairing the more interesting. The ring is also produced in Rosalina's down aerial attack, while the Luma uses these kicks and punches for plenty of his.

Wednesday, 15th January
zlCfzRYbBl8N4psrLp

Pic of the day. Who's the girl next door, living in the haunted mansion? You'd better learn my name because it's…
Ashley, from the WarioWare games. Taking role as...

FYI, she's an Assist Trophy.
That. Now counting as the fourth assist trophy (assuming Starfy is indeed one when previously seen) and second of the new, the other being Skull Kid.

Thursday, 16th January
zlCfzRYnDqMHR7ThAM

A group shot of the big guys. How much bigger are they compared to Mario?
Not as big as Ridley.

Friday, 17th January
zlCfzRYygMESFf0ica

Don't miss your chance, Zelda--King Dedede is knocked out.

zlCfzRYygVY0wUY_IJ

Zelda: "Ah--soft and squishy."
Sakurai humour never gets old...

I want to additionally bring up these Zelda pictures in a new post which were released on the official European Facebook page last week. A whopping 22 new Wii U screens and 4 3DS screens to view.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Well, like everyone noticed, King Dedede looks great! I also have to admit that I got really excited when I saw Ashley. (At first I thought she was playable!) Still, she seems to make a great assist trophy!

In technical news, I'm glad the King's still got his strength with the side smash attack, as it complements my playstyle!

A good myriad of screenshots, K4K! Your coverage makes me more excited for this game each day!

Fig

The Altruist
You do got to admit, this week's picture were quite nice to see! I'm glad I was able to help you out this past week Krash and I hope I can be a great assistance to you in the upcoming future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom