• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Sheik

:the:
I do like that "great feeling" of launching my enemies into the abyss...

No, seriously, this raises my (already insanely high) hype level for this game. All that talk about it being... fun and balanced and stuff.

Edit: Oh, right, and I very much believe Sakurai and the peeps can finish and release this game in 2014. I have powerful hope and faith.

And besides, that's the year Ninty told us.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It doesn't sound like we're getting too many more characters in this game...so I will set...it had better be balanced this time. I know with a game like Smash Brothers, this is no easy task, but that's all the game seems to have going for it right now.

Fig

The Altruist
Masahiro Sakurai talks all about game balance in the new Smash Bros. games

Reassuring for those who are cautious on the topic. The read gets me more excited to try out Bowser especially.

Also in talk of 2014 resolutions, Sakurai aims to complete Super Smash Bros. Do you have confidence in us being able to play these games within the next 12 months?

After reading these articles, I got to say Sakurai really wants us to enjoy this upcoming game in the Smash franchise. Now when it comes to balancing, Smash always had a problem with this concept. Seeing that now Sakurai and his team is focusing more on balancing makes me anticipate for the game ever more. I love Smash and all but the balancing really makes it hard for both competitive and casuals (maybe not so much to the casuals) to enjoy a game of Smash. As for the release date, all I can say is that Sakurai is going to end up the way he did when he finally finished Brawl and that was he was diagnosed with severe cases of stress. While I'm sure we all want to play the upcoming title of the series as soon as possible, I for one am willing to allow Sakurai to take as much time as he needs to fully perfect the game. That said, it seems nothing is going to stop or distract him from releasing Smash 4 on Fall 2014 or even the holiday season.

Fig

The Altruist
:D Oh, yey, trophies return!
like there was any doubt they would

You said it bro! With trophies returning into the new installments of the series, who knows how large the trophy collection will be for each version of the game! I can now imagine how many trophies we have to collect, not to mention all those achievements that we must go through in order to collect them all. :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It doesn't sound like we're getting too many more characters in this game...so I will set...it had better be balanced this time. I know with a game like Smash Brothers, this is no easy task, but that's all the game seems to have going for it right now.

Brawl was definitely balanced outside of MK, Snake, and Diddy..

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Brawl was definitely balanced outside of MK, Snake, and Diddy..

To each their own. But not only did the physics feel worse than melees, but the game also felt much less balanced. What was most frustrating was that some of the characters that needed a buff were actually nerfed instead...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
To each their own. But not only did the physics feel worse than melees, but the game also felt much less balanced. What was most frustrating was that some of the characters that needed a buff were actually nerfed instead...
Allahu Akbar, thank you for your reply, you have realized the faults of Brawl. Link and Zelda and Ganondorf in particular were nerfed so hard into the ground, I find..

Fig

The Altruist
I'm not sure if Krash already uploaded the pic of the day, but if he hasn't then I guess I would like to help him with it! ^^

zlCfzRWhAYoIZFvXjQ

Pic of the day. Zelda's strong side attack. It's a slash attack that utilizes her magic to make even a simple slash look sharp.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'll get to the pictures from earlier this week after this: King Dedede returns!

Pic of the day. Celebrating the launch of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Japan, King Dedede joins the battle! Check out his evocative facial expressions on the official web site.

zlCfzRXKW8EV7EK1_W

Let us await the hilarious facial expressions to be released on the dojo.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Oh, nice. For whatever reason, I've always been a fan of heavy weight fighters like Bowser and Dedede.

Now if Meta Knight returns to complete the Kirby trio, I hope Sakurai has fine tuned his kit to remove any exploits. I've personally never had any problems with him, but I know many have complained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom