• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That wouldn't be a problem since SSB4 is using Skyward Sword Link instead of a Link directly descendant to OoT's .

How is he SS Link if he looks nothing like him?

Personally, I would have wanted different incarnations for the characters depending on the system it's on. For example, getting Ocarina or ALBW Link for the 3DS and getting SS Link for the Wii U.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That wouldn't be a problem since SSB4 is using Skyward Sword Link instead of a Link directly descendant to OoT's .

It's actually Twilight Princess Link, hence the gauntlet, chainmail, and hookshot...but yeah, I agree with this.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member

Okay, in this case it's fair to say it's not a "problem" because of our current SSB4 Link, but I was referring to my preference between Young/Toon Link in their respective Smash games, where Young Link is paired with his older self, and Toon with another.

Also, I'm not one to typically use this word, except SSB4 Link being inspired by or a refurbishing of Skyward Sword Link is just plain wrong. To prevent a need to write paragraphs of text analysing every conceivable detail, use this for reference:

2ik7c3s.jpg

...as compared to these SSB4 screenshots:

Wii_U_Char_Link_01.png

Wii_U_Char_Link_02.png

Wii_U_Char_Link_03.png

Wii_U_Char_Olimar_05.png

Convinced? Literally every detail matches that of TP Link. The colour is brighter, yes, but this has absolutely nothing to do with SS Link. All characters are brighter in appearance than before. I don't go around saying SSB4 Mario is inspired by Super Mario Sunshine because of his more primary looks now.

To be blunt, if anybody says anything about SS Link having any relation to SSB4, they are sadly mistaken by assumptions. The closest we're going to get is a cameo in the Skyloft stage like we have for Spirit Tracks Link in the Spirit Train stage on 3DS. Even that I cannot imagine happening.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Eh, I would've rather had Young Link or ALBW Link, but either way more characters is always good to me.

As for Sonic, not really excited. Much rather have Snake back.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@Krazy
That picture of analysis is ****ing amazing and I love you even more for it. I'm glad that regular people - in addition to Nintendo - can pay that much attention to detail yet make it relatively simple for peeps like me! :D

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I saw my trailer for SSB4. I am so happy I have the dull, cheap, spammy, weak, uninspired moveset I had in Brawl. Screw you, Sakurai. *Cries in a corner fast*

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
op49ba.jpg

One does not simply predict Sakurai.

On the positive side, I'm glad to have this pic, between it shows the transition between the two segments of the 3DS Mario stage seen thus far. I've been thinking of them as separate stages until now, even though they were said to have been one, simply because they looked nothing alike. I can imagine the stage path now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom