• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Salem

SICK
I sincerely hope the Internet doesn't explode with jokes like that via videos if Ridley actually does show up. Such immaturity that'd be...

UPDATE: So it's been revealed that you can turn off the thick, black outlines on the 3DS version's characters.
Jokes don't automatically mean "immaturity".

Also. I thought those outlines were there to help us see better because of the 3DS' screen or resolution?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Also. I thought those outlines were there to help us see better because of the 3DS' screen or resolution?

As Sakurai says in the Developer Direct:
In the Smash Brothers games, the screen shows the stage from a distance and the characters appear relatively small, so for the Nintendo 3DS version, we've outlined the characters so they're easier to see from far away.

Look at some screens and judge for yourself.

Battlefield
iJcU5s5Rs1azX.gif

Gerudo Valley
iW9B2e3AiDlXZ.gif

Nintendogs
ilnMua1jcShXF.gif

Spirit Train
iXs73taVUxWk7.gif

Super Mario 3D Land
irSa9xRmzfiI0.gif

Yes, I made these for the intention of the OP. I'll add them later, I guess. Still need to write up more on the stages... I'm ashamed in myself for taking this long.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released.

42nie.jpg

For what is now the fourth time in a row, Sakurai has revealed a character in the early portion of the month. The trend continues with the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach! =D

main.png

Go on, see her page at the Dojo! 10 screenshots await.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Looks too much like a Brawl 2.

Glad to see a Spirit Train stage though. :D

It doesn't matter if it's just a Brawl 2, we're all going to buy it, and we're gonna play it until our calloused little gamer thumbs blister and bleed and we will love every single second of it.

Fig

The Altruist
For what is now the fourth time in a row, Sakurai has revealed a character in the early portion of the month. The trend continues with the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach! =D

main.png

Go on, see her page at the Dojo! 10 screenshots await.

Everyone and their mothers are going to play as Peach because of what she was capable to do in the previous games in the series. Even if her move set may alter a little, a lot of people are going to play as Peach! :xd: :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Peach looks...surprisingly sexy. Unlike Mario, she is so much more pronounced in HD as far as my eyes can understand. I like.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Why must they tease us with character after character? Anyway, Peach a fine character. I'm glad to see her return.

Peach was a Boss! :P

I really like Peach, anyway. She looked very good in one of the screenshots I got shown. The characters have been very hit and miss for me so far. Probably more hit than miss, though. :D Can't wait to play it!

Keeseman

Smash is Life
smashbros.com said:

Apparently, this is part of Pyrosphere. You can see it in the background here:

640px-Donkey_Kong_Mario_and_Luigi_Pyrosphere.jpg

Is this a reference to Ridely showing up? It was mentioned previously by devs that some enemy from Samus's past would be showing up, and that tunnel reminds me too much of the Meta Ridley battle in The Subspace Emissary...

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I give up on speculating Ridley. Sakurai is trolling all of us!

Also, protip: Don't post the "http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg" url, for two reasons. One, it updates every weekday with a new image. The pic of the day today will be released in less than an hour, making context difficult in the future. And two, for some people, it just doesn't update for ages. I myself have varying results by merely switching Internet browsers.

From now on, do everybody a favour when talking about the current image. Post it via Imgur or anything else, really. It prevents foolish mishaps in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom