• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Fig

The Altruist
Continuing to what I have previous stated earlier, I just don't like the things that I keep reading about what Sakurai and the rest of the staff are trying to do with the new Smash Bros. I understand that not all stages can be kept, but having the idea that not even a single stage from brawl will return? Sounds like they dislike their final production of Brawl or they want everyone to start anew by changing many things, similar to what their intentions where with Black and White and everyone had to start from square one. Either way, all we need to do as loyal fans is just sit back and wait for what Nintendo has to say.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's hard to say, but a lot of people , at least I've noticed, stick to one Smash game and that's it. Some newness may convince people to get the new version, and sometimes you need to clear the board to build a whole new experience.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I understand that not all stages can be kept, but having the idea that not even a single stage from brawl will return? Sounds like they dislike their final production of Brawl or they want everyone to start anew by changing many things, similar to what their intentions where with Black and White and everyone had to start from square one.

The article states why.
Director Masahiro Sakurai has explained that if the team developing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS were to implement stages from Brawl into the next games, they would have to be tweaked to run on a Nintendo 3DS. Sakurai says that he's still unsure whether or not they could port stages from Brawl over to the Nintendo 3DS and "still do those [stages] justice"

It's a technological and legacy issue. I for one certainly wouldn't want an inferior replication of mighty Brawl stages. That's why I say put a few in the graphically superior Wii U game. I don't see how not being able to probably incorporate them in the 3DS game counts towards the console game lacking them too, especially considering they each have exclusive original stages anyway. Perhaps the not-as-good-looking retro stages from SSB64 and Melee could be put in the portable game instead? I dunno though, I really want my Fountain of Dreams in HD...

It's hard to say, but a lot of people, at least I've noticed, stick to one Smash game and that's it. Some newness may convince people to get the new version, and sometimes you need to clear the board to build a whole new experience.

Well, those people are being stubborn and cheating themselves out of several great experiences.

All Smash Bros. games so far have refined their predecessor, and from what I can see, SSB4 happens to be that exactly. Anybody who sticks with prior games simply because it's not exactly what they've been playing for the last 5 or so years makes me cringe.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Guess who just crash landed into the Dojo.

main.png

Pikmin and Olimar confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

This is the first character to be revealed since E3, almost a month ago. With the new captains appearing in Pikmin 3, the inclusion of Olimar was questionable. Well, those worries can be put to rest. Sakurai confirmed today via Miiverse.

Pic of the day.
Pikmin & Captain Olimar have landed!
Congrats on the launch of Pikmin 3 in Japan!

zlCfzRDBIo8SruXENg

Go see his page at the official website.

Salem

SICK
We gotta wait until August for Pikmin 3, but Europe and Australia will get it earlier I believe?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Olimar being confirmed is no surprise on this end. In fact, it's kind of irksome because I absolutely couldn't play Olimar in Brawl - he is probably my worse character bar Ganondorf. :P

Glad to see the captain back. But...where is C.Falc?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news...r-smash-bros-creator-to-drop-story-mode-.aspx

This is a good read. But I have to say, I do not like Sakurai's reasoning. Entire games get uploaded to the Internet. Should we stop making games? Movies? Music? Fun? Heck no. :/

That is the worst news I've heard in, like, ever.

Needless to say, I love story modes in SSB games. The SSE was great, but it definitely could have been done better. So this news is a major let down for me.

I guess, though, that the games are more focused on competitive multiplayer, but I would still really like to have cooperative multiplayer as well. If not story mode, then please let there be an event mode again.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Cutting the story mode because cutscenes were uploaded to the internet is possibly the most ludicrous thing I've read all week.

I liked the Sub Space Emissary, but I'm not sad to see it go. I, personally, would like to see something similar to what Melee had for solo play; however, I'm not opposed to SSB4 having something new to offer for single-player action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom