• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member

Salem

SICK
And I agree with him. You don't want Meta Knight gone, you want his outstanding factors to. To say "MK needs to go" instead is way too blunt. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the actual character, and saying "I don't want him here" sounds like Playground talk. Nerfing him or buffing all others is the way to go.
I remember hearing that it will be possible to customise characters. Now does it mean we can adjust the strengths if characters or something else entirely? Maybe the miis are playable:rolleyes:

Now if only we could turn off stage hazards...
I've wanted as an option too.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I remember hearing that it will be possible to customise characters. Now does it mean we can adjust the strengths if characters or something else entirely? Maybe the miis are playable:rolleyes:

We have no idea what "customise" means at this point in time. The 3DS version is said to feature more of it since "it's a more personal space" over the Wii U game, and it apparently also allows transferring of your personal 3DS character to battle with mates on the home console. I certainly hope that it's not moveset or attribute changes...

No Miis plz.

Salem

SICK
Why stages though? It isn't like there's any balancing issues with stages unlike characters.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
From Krazy's link:
Kotaku: Do you ever talk to the high-level competitive players when you're balancing Smash Bros.?

Sakurai: Mostly I don't incorporate feedback like that. Basically, Smash Bros. is designed to be sort of targeted at the center, intermediate players, and if you think of sort of a skill graph or something where if you're targeting just the peak of that performance level, you're targeting a very small group of people. We wanna avoid a situation where it becomes a game sort of like other competitive fighting games, where it's only apreciated by a very small, passionate group of sort of maniac players. We definitely don't want that sort of situation. It's supposed to be a fun game for a wide variety of people.

But that's not to say that I don't appreciate very high-level competitive play, the type of very refined competitive gameplay that happens in other fighting games. Personally, I have a lot of experience playing in the arcade scene, and personally came out as a champion of a 100-person battle in arcade Street Fighter II.

I absolutely love that Sakurai does not pay too much attention to the tourney scene. That kind of ******** is exactly what ruined Soul Calibur V of last year.

Kotaku: Do you feel like there were flaws or weaknesses in Smash Bros. Brawl that you want to make better, or fix, or learn from for the new Smash Bros. games?

Sakurai: I would consider the changes that we're making this time around not as fixes, but that we're changing the direction. And so the vision for the overall balance of the game in Smash Bros. Melee, it was sort of more focused towards more hardcore players. Then when it came around to making Brawl, this was a game that was targeting a Wii audience where there were a lot of beginner players, so it sort of leaned a little bit more in that direction. So now, for this time around, we're sort of aiming for something that is in between those as far as the speed of the game. Because I don't really think this time we're in a situation where we're trying to accommodate that many new players like we did last time.

And that wins all of my love. Right out noobs! Sakurai says plainly that Brawl is highly casualized, just like I've been saying for years! WOOT WOOT MELEE 5EVER

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
And that wins all of my love. Right out noobs! Sakurai says plainly that Brawl is highly casualized, just like I've been saying for years! WOOT WOOT MELEE 5EVER

Yes, because having a different target audience more appropriate for the console and greatly succeeding makes for an inferior game due to arguably lesser players. Come on, mate, this debate is behind us...

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, because having a different target audience more appropriate for the console and greatly succeeding makes for a inferior game due to arguably lesser players. Come on, mate, this debate is behind us...

I never said inferior, I said casualized. Casualized meaning easy to get into and easy to learn the ropes of even intermediate-high gameplay. ;)

However I shouldn't have said "noobs" as that is not what I meant literally. I meant to say "people" or "nigs" or whatever

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I never said inferior, I said casualized. Casualized meaning easy to get into and easy to learn the ropes of even intermediate-high gameplay. ;)

However I shouldn't have said "noobs" as that is not what I meant literally. I meant to say "people" or "nigs" or whatever.

Nice quick edit of clarification there, buddy.

The way you've implied it now and in past refers to its players as inferior. =/ You're giving off an entirely different vibe than what you're aiming for, I swear.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Was it him that said the "hardcore" players online that don't use items are missing the point of playing Smash Bros.?

Yup. And I mean, he's half right half wrong on the matter. I'd say it's just a different take on SSB, but No Items Fox Only Final Destination type players are also missing the spirit of Smash.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
That's for the characters. I do plan to heavily expand the section at a future date, including a complete list of moves and GIFs to assist. Some character descriptions are lacking at present, I'm aware, though I feel the need to move on now. I'll compile the images of stages very soon, that's the easy part. Observations (including music) will be done soon after, I promise, then I'll decide to either return to the characters at that point in time or not. Depends on what is in a greater need of work.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I kind of dislike the way Sakurai wants the items and randomness in the stages and characters to make the new game more "balanced" and allow players to have more of a fair chance of winner. But no matter, there can't be a perfect balanced set of characters because characters from different game series have different properties and therefore, must be adjusted so that way the characters could have a unique ability or gimmicks that make the characters themselves. Despite the fact that Samurai wants to focus on he items and stages, am I still happy to see the new Smash Bros. in development. Seeing the 3 newcomers as they are, I believe it is safe to say that all 3 of them will be in the high tiers of the game. I am so happy to finally see Mega Man be part of the official roster. It has always been my dream to see him in the game fighting with my favorite characters! :pikalove:

T

TLink

I sure wonder If I'll be there! >< B-but I think LTTP 2 Link might replace me.
DSC03661.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom