• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupidity

C

Chuck

I had a lot of Zelda stupidity moments while i was playing the minish cap, which was the first zelda game i beat without any outside help. my worst was when you get to the base of mount crenel and you have to reflect the deku nut back at the deku scrub so he can tell you where to get an empty bottle. I got to the cave and i completly forgot how to beat him even though you had already beat one early in the game. Then i finally remembered to use the shield.

T

Twilight_Prince

for the first half of TP i was looking for poes in the middle of the day. how stupid did i feel when i learned they only came out at night, very

Yea, in MC, I had to look online twice to se how the get the Mirror Sheild and to figure out that there was a Deku With a bottle in the underground cave. It turned out, I could not get the Mirror Sheild because of a region-specific glitch. =(

@Chuck Not only that, but you had to have beaten a Deku earlier in the same game to get to that part....

Kybyrian

It took me quite a while to figure out that there was a sail in TWW. I obviously ignored the box art as well as people telling me to get a sail. I cruised all the way to Dragon Roost and then to Forest Haven and back to Windfall without a sail before I got one.

Beeker

Wild Card
Two things, both in dungeon, both equal stupidity:
1. In Wind Waker, I was in Dragon Roost Cavern at the part where you had to cut ropes to let a platform drop. I skipped the door leading to it completely and spent hours mindlessly wandering and getting angry. Lesson: Never forget dungeon doors.
2. In Twilight Princess, in Arbiter's Grounds: In the room where you drop one of those chandelier things and have to stand in the middle. I didn't know you could GO in the middle to climb on top and jump to the platform.
:facepalm:And to think I can play through Zelda.:facepalm:

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
My stupidity moment in Zelda was in OoT i couldnt defeat Ganon ( i didnt know i was supposed to hit him in the tail) *facepalm* 3 years later i found out * super facepal,*

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I just started playing Twilight Princess yesterday and I've already run into things that I just couldn't figure out even though its my third runthrough of the game!

When I was in twilight before the Forest Temple, I killed two of those bugs that you have to kill to fill up the vessel of light and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me collect them even though I walked right into them. I spent quite a while trying to figure it out but then I realized I didn't even have the vessel of light yet..

When in the forest temple (and I do this every time) I was trying to get the heart piece behind that big flower-like enemy and I was trying to use the spider-bomb that was at the top stairs instead of the ones up at the very top where it's really easy to get at it. I always forget that.

Every time I fight Diababa, I always forget how to kill the main head. Every time I tried to blow the bomb at him, he would shake his head and it wouldn't hurt him. After about 15 minutes, I realized all I had to do was target Ook and Diababa at the same time instead of one at a time.

In ST I also had some stupid moments. This one I just couldn't figure out. In the first or second time in the Tower of Spirits, I didn't know how to cross the lava. I had no clue that I could jump on Zelda's back to cross. My eight-year old brother had to help me with that one.. :(

Another thing in ST: I had no clue how to kill the mothula in the Forest Temple. I was completely stumped and gave up. My 8 year old brother heped me with that one too.. :(

There are probably many more stupid moments but I just can't think of them.

J

juanfeanor

I OoT I didnt paid atention to Navi, so I spent like 3 days trying to know how to show Darunia I was tyhe messenger of the Royal Family

In WW it took me like 3 hours in the Forest Temple to realise that when you swing the Deku Leaf you can move the plattforms with no need of activating the ventilator switchs (and the second time I played WW it happened AGAIN xDD)

In TP I didn't see a wooden staircase which lead to a water control swithch in the Water Temple and I spent like 3 hours getting to one extreme to another in the temple trying to find the way.

In Spirit Tracks I didn't know that you must throw that little thing in the Forest Templle to activate the first switch, so I tought I have missed something and made all the way back to the Forest Sanctuary and Whittleton Village, twice!!

When I discovered all this, I felt incredibly stupid xDD

Vibed

must read before he posts
I was 6 and after hours and hours a gave up for a month or two on how to get the sword in WW.

Then I was too scared to get through the Forsaken Fortress because of Miniblins (and surprising rats) :(.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
In OoT, I remember not being able to beat the Deku Tree because I didn't know you could burn Deku Sticks to light torches.
In TP, I spent like an hour in that room where you have to make a chandelier fall on you in the Arbiter's Grounds. When I realized the purpose of the ident in the floor, I felt really dumb...

Diablo

King of Redeads
My stupid moment was in Oot when I spent nearly an hour at the bottom of the well and then realized all I have to do is walk through the wall.

In TP, I didn't know you can blow up a boulder by a bomb. I spent in the room in the Forest Temple for a long time, then I have to look it up.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I felt stupid When I passed the Minish Cap without even getting the Mirror Shield. And again in the Minish Cap when I didn't know how to get the Mole Mitts. I was bombing walls everywhere and missed the wall it was in until weeks later when I got back to it.

List the moments when you couldn't figure out something in Zelda for a long time, and when you did it made you feel stupid.

For example: In Twilight Princess I spent about 6 hours in the Forest Temple trying to figure it out. What happened was, the huge bolder that is blocking one of the rooms was in my way, and I could figure out how to blow it up. Those spider bombs were there so I kept running to the edge throwing them, jumping across picking them up, and then trying to put them next to the bolder, but they always blew up early.

It took me 6 hours to figure out that Link can jump with a bomb in his hand.
Stupid.

lol me and my brother had the same problem plus me and my brother wern gamers so we didnt no about walkthroughs and it took us 10 hours XD

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In OoT I spent so much time trying to figure out a way to get into Daruia's room, not even thinking for a second about the lone rolling goron in the main city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom