• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Strange Occurances With My Copy Of The Wind Waker

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this; I really do appreciate it. Alright, let's get down to business.

So here's the scoop: I recently replayed TWW, and in the midst of my play-through, my disk gave out on me.

Before I go any further, I'm well aware of how old the game and systems are, and that this game in general tends to break a lot.

Naturally, I borrowed my friend's disk and that was the end of that.

I would try the game every so often in my Gamecube(which by the way I played it on. I didn't have my Wii at the time, so I played on that) just to see if it would work, and I would get the standard error message:

"An error has occurred, please turn off power and consult manuel."

I was upset that I'd have to buy a new copy, but I let it slide for the time being.

I recently got my Wii back from my brother, and last night I decided to try the game again just to amuse myself.

I popped it in the Wii and to my surprise, it worked just fine.

I sort of stumbled back confused and decided to investigate.

I tested five or six more GC games in my Wii and they all worked fine. I tried the same games in my GC and they worked perfectly as well.

When I tested TWW in the GC, I again got the error message.

It basically breaks down to this:

• I know the game works because I can play it in the Wii.
  • I know the GC isn't broken because other games have been tested in it.
  • I've played the game before and it worked just fine.

Truthfully, I researched for hours and couldn't come to a conclusion.

It honestly doesn't matter because I can play it on the Wii anyway, and HD is coming out. But I'll never stop loving the wonderful feeling of popping a fantastic game into my favorite system.

Anyways, if anyone knows anything to help me out, I'd be eternally grateful.

Even if you have nothing to say, I thank you for reading this far in. My gratitude to you.~

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've had this problem with several games. Turns out that some models just don't like to read discs after they receive a bit of wear and tear. Personally speaking, I had an LoZ:Collector's Edition disc that had a TON of scratches all over the bottom surface. However my black GameCube played it just fine bar the TWW Demo. When I got my Silver GameCube, it would not play the same disc at all. It's just the model of your GC.

Similar things happened with my two 360s (I had a black Elite, White Arcade), and my various numbers of PS2s.

I've had this problem with several games. Turns out that some models just don't like to read discs after they receive a bit of wear and tear. Personally speaking, I had an LoZ:Collector's Edition disc that had a TON of scratches all over the bottom surface. However my black GameCube played it just fine bar the TWW Demo. When I got my Silver GameCube, it would not play the same disc at all. It's just the model of your GC.

Similar things happened with my two 360s (I had a black Elite, White Arcade), and my various numbers of PS2s.

Thank you very much. It was honestly just a little weird and I didn't know what the hell to even say. Though it's kind of a bummer that I can't play it on the GC anymore. Thank you, though. :)

I've actually experienced the same thing but the opposite way around. My Gamecube reads it just fine, but my Wii struggles. It comes down to how well the console is holding up, the reading equipment in particular, and usually comes hand in hand with a lot of read errors (which you can simply remove the game and put it back in to carry on playing where you left off). I have opened my Wii up already and attempted to remedy the problem but haven't of yet found anything an amateur can do to sort it.

Seeing as you still have the Wii it probably wouldn't be worth sending it for repairs. Heck, even if it did bother you enough to pay for repairs, it would probably be cheaper just to buy another Gamecube

True, it would probably be cheaper. Thank you for your input.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yeah, mines been acting weird too. I recently started a new file, but for some reason the game started me out at night. It didn't even open up with an introduction or anything. The only item I had was the colored pictograph you get from starting the 2nd quest. I couldn't find any characters, so I decided to explore the water a bit...then I saw something...a weird green thing in the water. I used the camera to zoom in....it looked kind of like Link's hero clothes. I thought maybe this was a little Easter egg on the 2nd quest, so I swam up...but it turned out it was someone wearing the heroes clothes. They were drowning.

Salem

SICK
Yeah, mines been acting weird too. I recently started a new file, but for some reason the game started me out at night. It didn't even open up with an introduction or anything. The only item I had was the colored pictograph you get from starting the 2nd quest. I couldn't find any characters, so I decided to explore the water a bit...then I saw something...a weird green thing in the water. I used the camera to zoom in....it looked kind of like Link's hero clothes. I thought maybe this was a little Easter egg on the 2nd quest, so I swam up...but it turned out it was someone wearing the heroes clothes. They were drowning.
What?

I don't know what the hell was happening, but I think you need a new copy of TWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom