• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ST the New MM?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
alright ZD forum users calm down, this is not some pointless thread. i will explain my reasoning for the title even though i know ST wont be anything like MM. takes deep breath.

so im sure by now you have all seen the trailer, and the map of new hyrule as we know it. The old map at the beginning shows the spirit tower or whatever as being in the middle of the overworld. that is my first comparison as clock tower was also placed in the center of termina. No ST is not in termina thats not what im sayin. moving forward.

Like PH i think ST's map will comprise of four smaller maps, one for each corner. this is not so big of a difference from MM. also i have heard (im sure u have too) that to get to dungeons we must go to towns and different locations to do something... also they want us to find a new song to restore the tracks/pathway to the temples which puts my in mind of MM once again.

MM needed a song for all their dungeons and forced you to visit certain places before proceeding. i think they are drawing a few ideas from MM this time although there certainly wont be as many side quests as in MM, it is only a DS by the way.

anyway i thought i would share these thoughts with you, and hope that ST will be like MM in some ways... man that game was great!

I agree, lots of aspects of ST are looking like MM. One thing I noticed from all the information we have, is the dungeons seem to go in the exact same order as MM's.

MM's dungeon order was Woodfall, Snowhead, Great Bay, Stone Towers. So far from ST's information, we know the Forest Temple is first, then from the scans and various videos, we can assume the ice dungeon is second, with the water dungeon third. That only leaves the mountainous/volcano area of the map (If the map from the trailer shows everything), which we can assume has the fourth dungeon.

And then the fact that there are four main dungeons connecting to a central tower. That sounds very MM-ish, which to me, is a good thing.

I see the similarities you're referring to. Although the song aspect is pretty traditional for Zelda games that actually feature musical instruments; most of them require you to learn a song somewhere along the line when you're trying to enter a new dungeon.

By the way, when did they say Spirit Tracks would have four main areas? I must have missed it. That also sounds like Phantom Hourglass, with the four quadrants of the map. Kinda, maybe. I haven't really played PH... :sweat:

By the way, when did they say Spirit Tracks would have four main areas? I must have missed it. That also sounds like Phantom Hourglass, with the four quadrants of the map. Kinda, maybe. I haven't really played PH... :sweat:

They haven't confirmed the total amount of dungeons is four yet, just Nintendo Power said there were four main dungeons connecting to the central tower, with the first being called "The Forest Temple." Of course, there could be more than four, there could be a twist and then Link could get sent to an alternate dimension, but I'm just going off of the four dungeons thing right now.

They haven't confirmed the total amount of dungeons is four yet, just Nintendo Power said there were four main dungeons connecting to the central tower, with the first being called "The Forest Temple." Of course, there could be more than four, there could be a twist and then Link could get sent to an alternate dimension, but I'm just going off of the four dungeons thing right now.
Ahh, I getcha. Must have missed that specific statement.

Yeah, there's probably going to be more than four dungeons, but I still get the connection to Majora's Mask. :)

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Spirit Tracks gives me a MM/WW/PH feeling, all together, and since MM and WW are two of my favorite Zelda games, that's not a problem. I have high hopes that this game will be far better than Phantom Hourglass could ever be.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
yea i agree MM/WW/PH but hold the PH a little. i see what you guys are sayin and agree about the dungeons too, there will most definitely be more than 4 dungeons, although it is also a possibility that there may only be 4 main dungeons/temples. i say this because in PH we had things like the ghost ship and the ocean king temple, so im willing to bet ST will have more than a few minor dungeons.

also i may have overstated myself earlier and Alex pointed it out. I dont know if there are four sections of the map, but judging from the map with hyrule castle in it, the bottom left part of the map so far, and where we begin our journey like PH, it seems that the maps wrap around the tower and i assume there are four because that would complete the area around the tower. also DS games only have so much power. the overworld in these DS games seem to take quite a bit away from the total free roaming space you can put in the game, this is where PH fails because there is just too much open water... ST won't make the same mistake... they seem to know how to utilize the overworld this time around...

just like in MM, utilized that overworld to the best they could.

Shnappy

derp
I sure hope so. I've been waiting for a game as unique and interesting as MM since I became a fan. And this game seems to be really hinting that. The 4 dungeons and everything, it all sounds oddly familiar, doesn't it? All of this evidence leads me to have higher expectations of ST, much higher than those I had of PH, and PH didn't meet my expectations. I don't necessarily expect ST to be any better than MM, but it really is looking to be a pretty good game.

ST does give off that MM feeling, which is weird because each Zelda game feels very different from the next to me. I'm sure that when we get the game, it will have its own feel much like the rest, but as of right now I do get the MM vibe. I can only hope that it keeps a portion of this even after I get the game. I keep reading that it plays and feels just like PH according to those who have played the demos, but I sure hope that isn't correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom