• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Bokoblins. Did You Dislike Them Too?

I have always been indifferent about the bokoblins since the reveal trailer. Their look doesn't bother me and while each type isn't that different, it is variety. There are sword wielders, club wielders, bow wielders, electric sword wielders, zombies, and the two types of moblins if you can count those. Not a bad or great enemy in my opinion.

Djinn

and Tonic
I was no fan of their updated design either. At least not of calling the character bokoblin. Especially when in the previous games they have appeared in they were the smaller weaker enemies to the more powerful Moblins and have been known for their small thin design. For some reason they were reimagined into somewhat larger than Link big headed creatures that were the standard. This does not bother me nearly as much as the reimagined look. The overly large hear reminds me too much of Disney Land characters. The wacky and cartoonish faces also help out this concept. Because of this it is very hard to take them as a credible threat since it seems like Nintendo is trying very hard to make them look as less threatening as they can this time around. I can understand the need to keep them a little less gruesome since there will be a lot of younger players in the game. But making them out to be human sized muppets with knives in their hands might be going a bit far in that direction.

They are really not the best-designed enemy in LoZ. They look absolutely ridiculous. I honestly laughed out loud when I saw it the first time. And lets not forget..
"And for some reason, they some kind of fascination with strange underwear." Fi
I mean, REALLY?

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I sort of liked the Bokoblins. They were sort of cute and ugly at the same time. I didn't really have a major opinion but I sort of did like them.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I don't mind SS Bokoblins as enemys but their were way to many of them. They took up a quarter of the enemys in the game and got boring after awhile. I wanted to see more enemy's, Nintendo was just being lazy at this point.

Lordyay

Lordyay
I guess I found them okay but they looked wearied and they were freaking everywhere! They got annoying after a while and I don't like them very much.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I didn't think they were that bad until you pointed out all of these flaws lol. I agree they could've done a much better job with the bokoblins. I did however like the moblins, they were fun to fight

The bokoblins in SS have funny characteristics. I don't really like the design of them though. They do look dumb, and I do dislike them.

Who doesn't dislike them?!I only got over them because I can slash them until I'm exausted(since they are the most common enemy in SS)

I don't dislike the Bokoblins, they are always comic relief to me since Wind Waker. The Bokoblins amuse me with their screams and comedic ways to end them such as chasing them with the Beetle or stunning them to make them fall into the ravine. They are comic relief to the point that Fi lampshades it with its description of their undergarments. I kinda miss fightning them and the Moblins after the Faron Woods dried up from the flood, though Faron Woods feels truly peaceful to relax and look at the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom