• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Something I Noticed--Song of Time

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Listening to the Ocarina songs made me realize something: both the Song of Storms and the Serenade of Water have the Song of Time in them! At at least one point in the song they have the A-D-F note combination in the songs.

P

pianomancuber

Well, yeah but that's pretty insignificant IMO. It's just a D minor triad. Since the only notes Kondo could use for the initial trigger motives were D F A B D it makes sense that a lot of the songs in the game are in some kind of D minor. Now the Minuet of forest, that's some amazing composing! He wrote that trigger motive in E minor. So the only options were scale degrees b2 4 5 and b7. Koji Kondo is brilliant.

No, the Song of Time is not in the Serenade of Water! I just checked today!

They're not saying the notes you play for the songs are the same, they're talking about the rest of the songs, the parts after the little "ocarina snippets" (as they put it) that you actually play to initiate the song.

That's a really cool observation though, I've never noticed that. But now that you point it out, it's totally obvious! I've been playing Zelda songs on my guitar for awhile and haven't noticed that before. That's pretty cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom