• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So What's Next?

Z

zac642008

Skyward Sword, the word Epic does not even do this game justice. Finished it tonight, but now I ask myself, what's next? How will Nintendo top this? Maybe a O.O.T. Remake that is a direct, or very close, sequel to SS? (O_O we can hope right?) What's your dreams for the next Zelda title? (This didn't seem to fit in General discussion, so don't get pissy.)

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

A game that would take place after twilight princess and a a sequel to SS (that takes place before OoT).

A game that would take place after twilight princess and a a sequel to SS (that takes place before OoT).

How does that make any sense? A sequel to SS thats after twilight princess? Every single other Zelda game is considered a sequel to SS considering its a continued story of it and making something that comes after TP, but before OoT is impossible considering OoT is before TP...

Well Zelda 3DS has been confirmed to be a completely new Zelda game that does not link to the "Timeline". I just hope it's not a Toon Link game; I think they should move away from Cartoony graphics and focus more on graphics like in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. As for Zelda Wii-U, I have no idea what that will be like, mabye a sequal to Twilight Princess. If you remember the ending to Twilight Princess where Llia watches Link ride off with Epona, Nintendo could make a story from that.

Either way, Im pretty certain Ganondorf will return in either one of those titles, mabye Zelda 3DS i'm not sure.

I just hope there is no direct sequel to Twilight Princess. An indirect sequel might work, but a sequel that works directly off the original would be disastrous. If a sequel to TP were to come to fruition, I would hope that, if anything, it would draw influence from the original much rather than continue the original's plot.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A sequel to TP would be nice, involving the imprisoning war perhaps. Or a WW prequel involving the flood of Hyrule.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Well I'm hoping for the next game to be the Wii U zelda title. I would like it to have the same color style as Skyward Sword and same difficulty. I would also like to see Hyrule Field and Hyrule Castle town to come back in the next game. Also if the Wii U had motion controls that would top the cake.

J

Jinx

All i know is... Whatever the title is, Less wallet please.
This game will definitely be hard to top... I don't want to say the best zelda game of all time. BUT i can easily say the most fun Zelda game.

Nintendo can top Skyward Sword by making a brand new game, with a new story, new characters, new gameplay, etc.
Forget about prequels and sequels.

My biggest wish after this game was that an HD remake is a launch title with Wii-U. The OOT story is done and doesn't need any type of remake or reboot...let's please put that to bed. But the origin story of this Legend deserves an HD update. A year or two after release can be a completely new Zelda, and I don't care where it takes place in the timeline.

Twilight Princess Sequel

I say this game introduces a new link, and it could be a few years after twilight princess! have Ordon link be the father of the new link!
There could be a war over lands or something like that :D

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Personally the one idea that has been on my mind is a game during the Hyrulean Civil War. It would set up a LOT of the backstory in Twilight Princess (being as the dark interlopers were banished and the fused shadow was spread during this war), and it could also be a direct prequel to OoT. The HCW takes place close before the events of OoT. Maybe the Link in this game could be aiding the Knights of Hyrule and at one point be inducted into knighthood. That way this Link, or a different knight that appears in the game, could be the talked about father of the hero of time. The only reason i would say it would be a different knight is because the Hero of Time's father was actually killed in the HCW, and its not really tradition to have the main protagonist Link die in a Legend of Zelda game (though i think it would be cool). And since the tribes aren't united in this game there could be potential for some spying type gameplay, and besides that trying to build trust with the other tribes. Plus how epic would it be to have a final battle with a dark interloper while a huge war is raging in the background

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom