• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Smash Bros Ultimate

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
@Hyrulian Hero
Smash Bros 4 was a total mess though. The leakers were just the cherry on the cake.

It is very possible to make the pirated copies locked out of all online content and the DLC. All that effort in stealing the game or breaking street date just to rip and leak it. No one will care in two weeks because the game itself is out. I do think Nintendo needs to be harsh on the smaller retailers that break the street dates.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
@Hyrulian Hero
Smash Bros 4 was a total mess though. The leakers were just the cherry on the cake.

It is very possible to make the pirated copies locked out of all online content and the DLC. All that effort in stealing the game or breaking street date just to rip and leak it. No one will care in two weeks because the game itself is out. I do think Nintendo needs to be harsh on the smaller retailers that break the street dates.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, I just mean that Sakurai was upset about Brawl's Cinematics ending up on YouTube before the game was even released and he claimed that was the reason for a lack of Subspace Emissary-like mode in SSB4. Nintendo can and should squash player's systems for pirating the game and I'm sure they will. I'm annoyed at the leaker, I sincerely hope it doesn't upset Sakurai into withholding a grand story mode from SSB5: Armageddon.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
No manual...huh. I wonder, hard cover a companion book for the game. Development, concept art, detailed breakdowns of each character and map, graphic novel story arch, interviews with the team...it's worked for zelda. The player bases are different but I think it would sell.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I've tried to keep a high level of known unknowns with this game. I've watched the trailers and Directs but that's it. I know it'll be a good experience at least, since I'll usher it into the world along with several friends on Friday and with several more friends, one with a Switch, next Saturday. Even a mediocre game is fun with friends on the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom