• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Slingshot -_-

O

Owl

Am I the only one who used the slingshot to harass NPCs/cuccos? Quite a few Ordonians would wince if shot with them (or maybe that was just during the tutorial). Also useful and economical for getting rid of wall skultulas until you got the clawshot.

R

Riku Kisuke

Bow runs out of arrows, so natrually the slingshot would make a decent replacement it may not be powerful but it's still a usefull projectile item when the bow is not able to be used for whatever reason, there by making it the exact opposite of useless.

The bow will be more powerful, but takes longer to set up and fire, so will be more useful from a distance.
The slingshot is weaker, but faster and easier to aim and shoot, so it will be useful up close and for combat.
I think it's very balanced, and will work out fine.

Unless they add some interesting ammunition (various seeds or what have you) to the slingshot (as many have stated above), I don't think adult Link should wield it. I mean wow...umm...a slingshot?

Alternatively, how else would Link fire easy, quick, and close ranged shots at enemies? ...a crossbow? No a crossbow would probably supersede the bow.

Last edited by a moderator:

David

But you called me here...
Well, I like the slingshot, but I never really used it. I got it in Twilight Princess, but only used it when I needed to. During most of the game, I felt that it was a waste of space in my pockets. The Bow and Arrow were a much more efficient projectile than the slingshot.

Hopefully, the developers of the game realize that not many people use the slingshot in the game, and hopefully give it a different purpose, such as certain enemies being weak to it, certain puzzles requiring it, or even just for shooting down ladders.

In Skyward Sword, the bow is an item that takes its time as no you have to actually pull the string back. The slingshot can be used as a quick, easy, single button press projectile.

V

Vincentdante

I liked how ocarina did it. Give you the slingshot at the start as a kid then when you turn into adult link you got the bow replacement. Ideal because the slingshot was always there if you ever turned back into kid link, to finish up some side quests or to progress in the well etc. I agree it was wasted in TP mostly because I think you got the bow way too soon imo. I hope in SS it has other functions and utilities. But I agree with what others have said, it looks like the bow is now long range only so the slingshot has a better time to shine.

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
i think that it lost its need of use within the first parts of the games that it was in

Fierce

Deity Link
Believe it or not it seems like the Slingshot will actually be useful in twilight princess. Since the slingshot is a matter of simple point and shoot as apposed to the long and complicated process of using the bow. The bow is slower, hard to use, and more powerful while the slingshot is faster, easy to use, and weaker.

They balance each other out in this way uniquely in Skyward due to the new Bow mechanics. Try playing Wii Sports Resort Archery and comparing it to how the bow was used in Twilight Princess and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about here.

Yeah, there might be times in SS when you'd have to stand at a high point somewhere like a sniper to avoid being attacked by an enemy due to the time in takes to draw and fire the arrow. If not high up, you would have to have some kind vantage point against a foe.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I think that the sling shot should have all of the above AND a melee attack, like if you are using it for picking off clse up enemies and they get too close, then you can give them a quick batter with the slingshot and run a bit further away from them so you arn't cramped up close! Personally I think that would be a good idea, and the slingshot in TP was useful when you wanted to take out a weak enemy from a distance and didn't want to waste arrows.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I believe that the sllingshot will be more usefull in Skyward Sword because as we have seen in the trailers the slingshot seems to be used for small enemies or for very quick use. As for the bow I believe it is more for long distance shooting and it will take a while to fully ready to aim and shoot. Also about the bow I think it will be used for more powerful enemies. Now the slingshot will be weaker than the bow of course so they both have their unique uses in the game.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It's very intelligent of Nintendo to have an FPS style, powerful, long distance weapon and a TPS style, less powerful but shorter distance and easier to use weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom