• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I think it's the guardian potion that would have protected him. Only thing I can think of that I gave him

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
So, I have some interesting things to tell.

One, I lied about assuring you guys I'd be alive today. I was hoping the GF would buy it and target someone else, and they did just that (although maybe they didn't care about my story and would have went after GDL anyway). I did that because I have some nifty gadgets at my disposal and I'd have some valuable information today one way or another to give you guys if I survived.

Two, GDL is 100% town because he's been furnishing me with all these items and he's been consistently peppering his posts with not-so-subtle hints that he's the one giving me these things. The bomb I tried to use on David, the Tough Beetle I used to investigate and reveal Sadia, and the role-blocking Scattershot I used last night.

Which brings me to the most important thing: I roleblocked Blackkirby last night with my Scattershot. There was a mafia kill. There is only one person it can be @Eduarda unless GFs can't be roleblocked in this game, and after reading through Mafiascum.net's wiki I don't see any hints that it's common to have roleblock-proof GFs.

So, I have to do the best with what I've got. @Linkdude74 @Blackkirby

VOTE: Eduarda

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Guess I should role claim. I'm the bus driver. Last night I chose Batman and Blackkirby. I was hoping Mafia might follow their risk they took on Mezlo, and NK Batman. And my bus driver ability would make Blackkirby be night killed instead. It was the best bet I had. But I ended up making Batman block himself. Sorry.

Eduarda

Nice last effort Eduarda, but I don't buy it for a second and I don't believe anyone else is going to either, but we'll see. My vote stays.
Would I really be voting for Sadia, a Mafia member, if Mafia was close to winning? Blackkirby didnt vote for Dekunut, Johnny, or Sadia.

Batman

Would I really be voting for Sadia, a Mafia member, if Mafia was close to winning? Blackkirby didnt vote for Dekunut, Johnny, or Sadia.

I think you certainly would. Considering how clear the evidence was against her, you'd look like scum through and through if you hadn't voted for her. Voting for Sadia is exactly what you should have done to protect the Mafia's interests.

As for Blackkirby, I'm not sure why he's so inactive. Perhaps he's a survivor or something. Regardless, lynching you seems like the best move by far. In this game nothing is certain, but we have to do the best with what we've got.

Eduarda

I think you certainly would. Considering how clear the evidence was against her, you'd look like scum through and through if you hadn't voted for her. Voting for Sadia is exactly what you should have done to protect the Mafia's interests.
True. But if I was Mafia, I could have waited or tried to find an alternative. The day ended quickly.

As for Blackkirby, I'm not sure why he's so inactive. Perhaps he's a survivor or something. Regardless, lynching you seems like the best move by far. In this game nothing is certain, but we have to do the best with what we've got.
And Blackkirby's lack of being nightkilled isn't suspicious?

Well I guess it's your choice in the end. I tried.

I'll go ahead and make my vote, though. Because it seems pretty clear to me who's the godfather. Especially now that Linkdude is basically 100% confirmed.

Vote: Blackkirby

Batman

From the Mafiascum.net wiki:

A completely Bulletproof player is potentially an overpowered role. Thus, many times players are simply One-Shot Bulletproof - passively protected from only the first kill that would otherwise resolve on them. Some moderators use Two-Shot, Three-Shot, and so on, but these variants are far less common.

One other variant is a Bulletproof Vest, which is the 'Bulletproof' modifier in item form. The Vest can be passed from player to player (usually at Night), and any player is protected from being killed while they hold the vest.

Some moderators will word their flavor so that Bulletproof only stops kills made with bullets. This allows some roles to bypass the protection; for instance, Serial Killers traditionally use knives to perform their kills. This is not Normal, and is usually considered a subversion for bastard games.

Some moderators interpret this protection such that it only protects against kill attempts, but not arbitrary deaths such as suicides.

Townies with unlimited Bulletproof are very rare because they can generally only be killed by the lynch. One common breaking combination is Bulletproof+Cop, where the Cop investigates the Bulletproof player. Once the Bulletproof player is determined to be Town, the Mafia cannot get rid of the Bulletproof player until the very end of the game unless they have a Strongman on their team. (It isn't unheard of to have Bulletproof Godfathers with investigation immunity, though...) In addition, if the unlimited Bulletproof role lands in the hands of a skilled Townie, it may be more than the scum can do to avoid getting picked apart with no recourse.

Considering I've heard several people claim that Pendio is known for crafting creative and unusual roles, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the rarer things talked about above are present in this game with Blackkirby.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Blackkirby- this is entirely based on the the green clad boy's actions. I am thinking he is either the godfather or another nightkill-proof role.

Our Vig seemed to think it was a possibility he was a non-GF nightkill-proof role as well. He also had you on his short list of suspicions.

Go_Dark_Link said:
When the kill didn't go through again, the green clad boy realized that rather than outside intervention, his target must either be hiding, or be nightkill proof

Also, evidently some roles can "hide"? I'm new to this game so I'm not sure what that means. The flavor text does suggest some kind of "hiding" ability though. The flavor is not indicative of GDL shooting someone and failing. Rather, the vig can never even find him. Maybe Blackkirby isn't bulletproof at all. Rather some sort of "find-proof" at night.

Also, I imagine Pendio would have included something about a bus driver transporting two of the very few remaining players left. That seems flavor text worthy to say the least. But nope. It's not there. Nothing out of the ordinary last night. Just a mafia kill.

Granted though, it's a hard decision and nothing is clear-cut. Blackkirby doesn't seem to die at night (red flag). I roleblocked him last night and there was still a mafia kill when you two are the only unconfirmed roles left (red flag). There's no hint in the flavor of a dramatic transportation event. Just a quiet little mafia kill. Of the two red flags, with all the info we have, I personally have to go with the latter as being more important.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Hey Guys I know full well why I havent died yet and because of that Eduarda looks very suspicous. There is no way you gave me a ride last night Eduarda I know that for sure. Why didnt I vote for any of the Mafia members? Inactivity ( Yeah I know thats a horrible answer but thas why). From the evidence so far all signs for me point to Eduarda.

Vote: Eduarda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom