• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Loftwing Shield Reference

F

Francis-C

I have noticed that on the Hylian shield there is a bird shaped illustration in red. Does anyone think that it is a possibility that the red bird depicted on the shield the Links Loftwing in Skyward Sword? It shows a lot of resemblance I think. Seeing as this is meant to be the first game in the Zelda timeline and that in almost every Zelda game it has been there on the shield? Just a little thing I noticed.

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/4/47/Hylian_Shield_(Twilight_Princess).png

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I think most of us already noticed that, even before the game was released. And seeing that the bird logo is all over skyloft after the game was released, then yes it certainly is symboling a loftwing. And the fact that Link is the only with the crimson loftwing...yeah no need to explain this further.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I thought this at first, but the symbol was already around before Link's loftwing was born. It's at the Temple of Time in the desert, so it may not be based off of a Loftwing. Not saying it isn't, but it certainly isn't a definite thing.

Too bad they never really seem to explain it. I mean it seems like the perfect connection but...nope, the Dragon just hands you the shield and thats it!

Just so you know this connection has been brought up months ago, so it is not new.

On topic: Something interesting to note are the sharper features of the bird on the Hylian Shield. A Loftwing's design is far more rounded in appearance. But meh...it's just a minor detail. Anyway to me the bird looks sorta like a Furnix.

But yeah, I'm about 85% certain that it's a Loftwing, or has been retconned to be one.

I assumed that there was some sort of affinity between Hylia and loftwings, since they seem to be her symbol. And since Link's red loftwing is probably the most famous of all during the era directly after SS, it would naturally become the crest of the royal family, being that Zelda is the reincarnated Hylia.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
You can't go a few hours in the game without seeing one of these symbols. These guys are everywhere! Inside the Statue of the Goddess, all the shrines, and at all the areas with the flames. I don't think this symbol has any relation to the bird, it isn a common symbol when related with the Triforce and goddess and the Hylian shield being a great shield from Hyrule where they worship the triforce and goddes of course you would see this. Wow that was a big run off sentince. My English teacher is going to kill me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom