• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword is Really Called The...

If you go over to http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=zelda and look at iwata's translated interview, you see that they did not name the sword the skyward sword. Thy just said that the sword aims skyward. Since it is not the master sword yet, I started wondering, what if Link's swordmaster gives him adelle. And later on in the game, when adelle is seperated from the sword, he names it the master sword. Do you think what I am saying is out of line?

Epona

Ordon Village
It's really tough to understand translations sometimes, and a lot of times, words are badly translated. Just look at some of the old NES games. Staying with the Zelda games here, even the original. Some of the little phrases that the dudes in the labyrinths said just made no sense whatsoever. Or "Your base are belong to us" in Zero Wing :lol: It's funny to see how badly things can be translated. But as for the title Skyward Sword and others, I don't know, I think it conveys accurately what the Nintendo guys were going for, even if it's not the exact words they were thinking of.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Aonuma said:
The subtitle, Skyward Sword, is really the event that both reveals the land to Link and leads him on his journey and that's the Skyward Sword. So when he gets that, that's the event, again, that reveals where Link needs to go and what he needs to do.
Aonuma names it here and I think a few other places as well, unless this one's poorly translated as well (anyone know who's speaking? Bill?).

D

DiogoX6

hmm...it's kinda tricky to understand if there is REALLY a Skyward Sword OR the Skyward is actually the Master Sword before they named it that way. I think we might need Subtitles or wait to find out more info about the game. (which I am sure Miyamoto wont give us anymore Info, he LOVES to keep us waiting to make us find out more stuff or actually spread more rumors AKA dreams, which he will then DESTROY by denying those rumours -_-) And btw Locke64 I think it's Bill translating Aonuma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom