• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Quick question, ‘cause I don’t think it warrants a new thread, but did Nintendo fix the game breaking bug that SS had? I would assume they did, but there wasn’t anything about it in the marketing and promo stuff that I can remember, and I’m still quite a ways away from the dumb song quest.
Apparently it was patched in the Wii version eventually so I assume that it would be the case here, too. also the song quest is good grr

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Apparently it was patched in the Wii version eventually so I assume that it would be the case here, too. also the song quest is good grr
Interesting. I never knew there was a patched Wii release. I just remember having the official save editor Wii channel downloaded on the off chance that I did the regions out of order.

They can at least fix the game easily with a patch.

Remember back in the Wii days they had to go through a ridiculous amount of nonsense to get patches through. Still remember that horrific Other M fiasco of sending in your memory cards.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Finally sat down and started the game. Decided to give button controls a try first. And man.... I gotta say.......

.... some of you guys in this thread have got to win some kind of award for exaggerating. Stick controls with the sword feel perfectly fine and fluid. So much so I was surprised. Only thing that actually bugs me is holding L to use the camera, that is a bit annoying. Sword combat tho? Zero issues.

MW7

They did fix the old game-breaking glitch. I did the Song of the Hero in the order Lanayru, Eldin, and Faron with no issues which would have triggered the glitch.

The new glitch has to do with sand in Lanayru Mining Facility. If you don't clear off enough of the sand before pushing a block, the block can glitch off its path and be impossible to align with a switch so be careful when in that dungeon.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
The new glitch has to do with sand in Lanayru Mining Facility. If you don't clear off enough of the sand before pushing a block, the block can glitch off its path and be impossible to align with a switch so be careful when in that dungeon.
how does it become impossible to align with the switch? Don't you only need a fraction of the block to be on the switch?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
how does it become impossible to align with the switch? Don't you only need a fraction of the block to be on the switch?
If you scroll up a couple posts, theres a link with a video. The block becomes uninteractable so you cant push it where it needs to go, thus locking you out of progressing.

Luckily didn't encounter that glitch. But **** that Dungeon anyway. Skyward has some great dungeons but also some really bad ones. Mining facility is one of them. Awful awful dungeon.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I've become semi-obsessed with this game, the motion controls aren't perfect, but there is so much else about the game that I am loving.
I kind of am enjoying this game more than I've enjoyed of my time with Breath of the Wild

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
.... some of you guys in this thread have got to win some kind of award for exaggerating.
I won't call it exaggerating because some people really struggle and maybe you're handling it better ;)
After a while it feels better though. Still not a fan.

So far I really enjoy playing SS. I thought I would totally hate it but I don't. In fact I really enjoy it. I explore a lot. In the past I didn't even care about anything in SS but now I love to spend time to check everything. It's not my fav game and never will be but I enjoy it a huge lot better than before

twilitfalchion

funky fresh beats
Just finished the Ancient Cistern. About 12-13 hours in now and I'm more used to the button controls than I was before. Like I mentioned before, this has been a very enjoyable playthrough so far.

I've never disliked SS, but my expectations weren't very high going in. The changes made aren't massive changes for the most part, but they keep things moving and remove a good bit of the frustration I had previously. I can see my final opinion of the game being more positive overall.

Is the game worth $60? Definitely not. But I don't regret taking the opportunity to give it another go.

twilitfalchion

funky fresh beats
One small gripe I have is with an oversight about item notifications that I didn't notice until I started doing a few gratitude crystal side quests. No matter how many times you get the crystals, you'll get the same text box info about it as if it were the first time you collected them. Not sure why that was skipped over when the other item notifications were made optional.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
One small gripe I have is with an oversight about item notifications that I didn't notice until I started doing a few gratitude crystal side quests. No matter how many times you get the crystals, you'll get the same text box info about it as if it were the first time you collected them. Not sure why that was skipped over when the other item notifications were made optional.
Oh! I remember how frustrating it was in the wii version to have the same text showing up after you caught an item multiple times like it was the first time. Now it only shows you the text at the first time you catch something and that's it. I guess with the crystals it's different because batreaux asks for a certain amount each time so they show you how much you collected so far to keep track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom