• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SKYWARD SWORD, EASIEST ZELDA GAME TO DATE?

B

BrysonSchmidt

@surferguy7: Lol Ocarina took longer than most zelda games. And the water temple was pretty hard.

E

Emperoreddy

Going with what I think the OP meant. SS really felt like the easiest Zelda to 100%. The only real hard part of the sidequests was knowing when and where to find them, not actually solving them. Heart Pieces overall were easy to find too, especially compared to other Zeldas.

Main quest though, no way is this the easiest, puzzle and exploration wise it was moderate, and the combat was quite hard. I haven't had hearts eaten up like this since LttP, and yes combat gets easier as you get better with the controls, but the enemies still take skill to beat and the game is not that forgiving of mistakes if you don't have a potion or fairy on hand. The other 3D Zeldas never pushed me combat wise this far, OoT and MM did somethings but not as much. WW never did and neither did TP.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I have to say some things in the game I found were really challenging.

The Imprisoned (Round 3) Man that took me well over half an hour to work out what to do.
Sky Keep Sliding Panels I actually thought you had to make the puzzle and the rooms all link together at one time, this took me well over 35 minutes to do a mere puzzle.
Scervo Mini Boss he took me at least 12+ attempts on the Sand Ship to work out how to actually defeat him
Lanayru Mining Facility................................ More annoying then difficult but non the less was a challenge
The Bokoboblin camp when visting the Eldin Volcano (when you lose your items).
The Silent Realms were especially challenging

There is a bit more I could add, however it is a matter of opinion so it various from person to person, perhaps you are just a pro :)?

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I died 2 times on my first playthrough and I've died around 6 times (I just beat the first Lanayru dungeon) on my second playthrough, on Hero Mode. I think I die a lot because I'm more of Leeroy-Jenkins type of player. but that makes the game more enjoyable in my opinion.

NO WAY! They now have things like broken shields now, and for the first dungeon, the minute I broke my shield I left, bought another, and saved it for the final boss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
NO WAY! They now have things like broken shields now, and for the first dungeon, the minute I broke my shield I left, bought another, and saved it for the final boss.
We've always been able to lose our shield due to any number of circumstances, ones that pop up are the Like like in LoZ, OoT etc, taking fire damage while using the Wooden Shield of TP or OoT, and so on. Shields breaking is just a penalty for abusing the shield, but even then if you shield bash you get totally unfair advantages over every enemy, so it's not much of a difference from past games.

Exactly I personally thought this made SS more challenging and I like how you can go through the game without a shield at a choice and lose it by penalty from the shield taken to much damage. However, past Zelda games you could still lose the shield but only by force or accident meaning a like like takes it away or Deku/Ordon shield get burned. I thought losing a shield by it taking too much abuse in a RPG style had a better design then simply losing it for stupid reasons and plus you can go without one at choice.

As for difficulty I think most of them are easy and I range the difficulty from easiest to hardest like this LA and ALTTP>OOT, TWW, and TP>SS>LOZ and MM>Zelda II. Trust me SS is far from being the easiest and that easily goes to ALTTP and LA because they are the most casual designed Zelda titles I have played.

C

Croxyndorf

yeah no jokes there, the hype about it being the most difficult zelda yet was exaggerated. I'll do a six heart challenge of the bosses and post them on youtube in the coming year.

H

hookshothappy

The only time I died (in normal mode) was when all the bokoblins stole all your items and equipment and you had to retrieve them, so overall it is a pretty easy game. I can't say the same about hero mode, though. That's actually hard.

Skyward sword is harder than Spirit Tracks

Skyward sword is harder than spirit tracks. And some other games. The hardest is probably ALttP.

*Sigh* I've heard so many people say this. But it's not true. This game is fairly easy, but you are forgetting the Four Swords games. You have FOUR Link's!

I thought the controls (wiimotion) did make the game trickier, meaning boss battles and killing things needed to be precies and thought over, it wasn't just hacking and slashing, which was nice. But I think the game was easy, yes (his is why i liked Hero Mode a bit more myself, but even that was a bit easy for me). How about if you couldn't save the game (like the original NES games?); perhaps if you could save those old games people might not consider them as hard? (Ask someone with an emulator). So, yea, sure Skyward Sword was easy but probably not the easiest - it did have some thought involved in defeating enemies and some of the puzzles stumped me for awhile. OoT and TP might have been easier in these regards, in the least?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom