• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Boss Guide

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Hey guys, we're working on revamping some of our Skyward Sword content to bring things as up to date as possible, while also providing information on all the teeny tiny bits of detail that we spot. Additionally, a degree of evidence based speculation is fine while we are in pre-release status of Skyward Sword. That being said... I'd like to invite you all to help us improve some of our content!

http://zeldadungeon.net/Justin/wiki/index.php/Skyward_Sword_Bosses

Here is the old page at Zelda Dungeon... http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda14-skyward-sword-bosses.php

We have installed Wiki software here at Zelda Dungeon for this exact purpose, to collaborate amongst the staff and fans on creating detailed and quality descriptions for some of our content. If you are interested in helping out, feel free to edit this page as you see fit.

Few things worth noting:

1. The names are tentative. If you think they should be renamed, feel free to post in this thread with your names.
2. We want to include Descriptions of the bosses, as well as any boss strategies that we know of thus far.
3. Detailed, Detailed, DETAILED!!! We want the descriptions to be as detailed as possible. We aren't looking to just toss a sentence or two briefly describing a boss, but rather, we want to include every tiny piece of information in there.

Lastly, if you do edit the Wiki, you should register your name there. [We are working on a Wiki/vBulletin bridge]. Reason being... so we know who is editing what.

Thanks guys!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Just, a quick question. Where did you guys get the name "Ravana" from? I find this name a bit odd, considering that I'm a Hindu, and Ravana is the name of the villain in one of our two main epic (from the Ramayana to be precise).

That's exactly where we got it from. Someone (I can't remember who) mentioned it, and it seemed to fit well enough, so we tentatively named it that.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yeah, that was me. It reminded me of a boss in MapleStory. It looks similar, with several arms, the gold armor, and even the shape of the helmet. I'm not familiar with the original Ravana, so I glanced at the Wikipedia article and saw that Ravana is said to have stored the nectar of immortality in his navel. That seemed to be similar to the 'weak spot' on this boss, so given all these similarities I felt that Nintendo had based this boss on Ravana as well. If there's any problem with that, please let us know and we can find a better name. I just thought something like this would be better than "Mecha Shiva."

PhantomTriforce

Yeah, that was me. It reminded me of a boss in MapleStory. It looks similar, with several arms, the gold armor, and even the shape of the helmet. I'm not familiar with the original Ravana, so I glanced at the Wikipedia article and saw that Ravana is said to have stored the nectar of immortality in his navel. That seemed to be similar to the 'weak spot' on this boss, so given all these similarities I felt that Nintendo had based this boss on Ravana as well. If there's any problem with that, please let us know and we can find a better name. I just thought something like this would be better than "Mecha Shiva."

Oh, no worries. I do not have any problems with the name you have placed for the time being. Ravana does have 10 heads though. This Golden Dude doesn't seem to. But it doesn't matter.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I actually like the name Shiva. I believe that perhaps might be even more sensitive to the Hindu faith though. In pure appearance though, I think the enemy does look more like a Shiva. The 'mecha' could work in that name as well, but then again, there are plenty of mechanized enemies and I don't know if Mecha has ever been used in Zelda. It's not really one of the common Zelda nomenclatures.

Then again, there aren't too many mechanical enemies. The whole thing looks like a giant statue... so perhaps just Shiva Statue? or just Shiva? Mecha-Shiva?

Then again we referred to the flying mechanical enemy as a mechat. (A Mechanical enemy that we thought fit with the family of peahat/seahat due to its propeller).

I'm open for changing the name. Ravana would work if it had multiple heads... in which it doesn't.

PhantomTriforce

To be really precise, it looks more like a Shiva Lingam than a Shiva. Shiva is a human figure, while the Shiva Lingam is the artifact that people use to worship him.
Here's what it looks like:
stone-studded-shiva-linga-HF50_l.jpg

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I don't have a full name for it, but the scorpion boss should be something-ghoma. Like armourghoma in TP, because it's an arachnid and all. Just a thought...

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I don't have a full name for it, but the scorpion boss should be something-ghoma. Like armourghoma in TP, because it's an arachnid and all. Just a thought...

Oh, oh, how about this? Aracnaghoma... Sounds dangerous, and Zelda-like. :xd:

A

alexed2

I'll see what I can find out. I'll take a look at the trailers and google.

Ganondork

goo
Screw skyword sword i would rather **** a dog then spend my ****in money on a gay *** game like that *****es you people need to get a ****in life and **** a damn girl *****es go **** off dooche bags!!!​

1. Are you seriously gonna make me keep on you about staying on topic?
2. I'm almost 100% sure a lot more people on here can get more girls than you. I know I can.

Y

Yoshiquest

Where did you find the second boss? In a trailer or something?

Y

Yoshiquest

From where??????????????????????

From where??????????????????????????????

Answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know your online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom