• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword and Avatar

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Two nights ago I watched the movie Avatar again. After watching it I see small similar themes. First off people fly on birds and to get your bird you must go through a ceremony. You the bond with the birds. To call you bird you have to make a scream like sound just like whistling in Skyward Sword. Did anyone else see any thing like this?

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I found more similarities - Link and his bird. Link is like "Toruk Makto" in Skyward Sword. Crimson Loftwing is like Toruk, although in Avatar, Toruk was bigger than other birds. This isn't the case in Skyward Sword, becuase all birds have the same size.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Yep. The moment I saw Link jumping off Skyloft and calling his bird I immediately thought of Avatar.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I thought of several things:

Avatar and Dinotopia (which that scene from Avatar is based off). It really was a nice allusion.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I found more similarities - Link and his bird. Link is like "Toruk Makto" in Skyward Sword. Crimson Loftwing is like Toruk, although in Avatar, Toruk was bigger than other birds. This isn't the case in Skyward Sword, becuase all birds have the same size.

Now that I think of it your right. I wonder if Nintendo took it from Avatar? Most likely not but who knows!

Yea i noticed that about the Loftwings at the beginning. I thought, "wtf, is this Avatar?" as a joke. Pretty much has that feel. Don't get me wrong, I love my shoebills (though I admit liking Epona more), but Zelda's father describing how everyone got their birds and how Zelda was jealous of Link, etc. Didn't tickle my fancy, esp. since the importance of the Loftwings (besides being some connection to the Goddess watching over her people and the fact they got people around the clouds) - the importance of the Loftwings and why Link's crimson one was so important (they never said in game why it was special other then a very rare color) was never really addressed at all. So I lost interest and the Avatar effect from the beginning kind of lost its hold on me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom