• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyrim

Okay, I was talking to my friend the other day (and if you read my other thread I just posted, this is the graphic person), and he was going on and on about how the Elder Scrolls Skyrim is going to be the best game ever, it is a surefire game of the year, going to sell millions and millions, and is going to be the reward for over 30 years of subpar games (okay, I made the last bit up, but he probably would believe it) Anyway, while I do love the elder scrolls game and will definitely get Skyrim, I am just trying to wonder why is it so hyped. I know the series is popular and Oblivion has one awards, but seriously, what is the big deal with this game. Is the game really going to be that great, or is my friend over hyping it. Remember, when I tried to explain why Ocarina of Time was such an influential game, and how Nintendo shaped the industry, he replied with "Wii sucks, and skyrim would beat Ocarina of Time. It is already on Best selling game list etc. (I zoned out) Anyway, I am rambling, you get the point, what is so great about this game.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
I was thinking of getting it. The game sounds kinda cool, i've never played it, or heard of it. Last week, my cousin Anne told me about it and it seemed interesting to play, but now i'm not sure. . . .

S

Sin

Oh lord yes, Skyrim.

I've been playing Elder Scrolls since Morrowind. Major fan and all that dazzle. This looks amazing.

What's so great:
-300+ Hours of Gameplay
-Amazing depth and character ability
-Beautiful world

Amongst many other things.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Skyrim looks alright.

However, I missed Morrowind's depth, lore, and overall tone in Oblivion. Daggerfall was good too. And unfortunately, Skyrim looks to be even more simplified, focusing on the "action" aspect rather than the roleplaying aspect.

My biggest objection to Oblivion was the fact that enemies leveled with you. I never felt like my character was getting stronger. If that's removed from Skyrim, I look forward to playing it. I still don't believe it will measure up to Morrowind, though.

Oblivion is not as good as people say it is--it's a definite step down from Morrowind and Daggerfall. Skyrim is probably overhyped as well, but I'm still buying it.

I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 soon, and Oblivion and Skyrim are both on my "must-buy" list. I will be new to the Elder Scrolls series, as I'm not a fan of PC gaming.

Skyrim appeals to me because it seems so in-depth. I mean, after 300 hours of gameplay they stopped counting. The visuals are stunning, and everything I've heard about the game and series is praise. I have a feeling that new fans of the series will not be disappointed, but as many of you say, it may not live up to the previous games.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Skyrim is looking awesome. I don't have an xbox360 atm but I am planning on getting one before the release of this game. I'm subscribed to GameInformer so I've seen the previews, I like what I've seen so far, everything just looks better this time around, and I do hope the hero gets to talk this time around, that would be much better than just having to make choices and read the text, that just totally looked dumb in Oblivion.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Skyrim looks alright.

However, I missed Morrowind's depth, lore, and overall tone in Oblivion. Daggerfall was good too. And unfortunately, Skyrim looks to be even more simplified, focusing on the "action" aspect rather than the roleplaying aspect.

My biggest objection to Oblivion was the fact that enemies leveled with you. I never felt like my character was getting stronger. If that's removed from Skyrim, I look forward to playing it. I still don't believe it will measure up to Morrowind, though.

Oblivion is not as good as people say it is--it's a definite step down from Morrowind and Daggerfall. Skyrim is probably overhyped as well, but I'm still buying it.
I even thought Oblivion was really simplified compared to Morrowind. Skyrim will definitley be better than Oblivion, its no Morrowind.

D

Deleted member 14134

Bethesda is doing the perfect thing to get people hyped. Why show off depth and lore? How many gamers won't have wet dreams when they think off dual weilding, 300 hours of gameplay and of course, dragons. Too many people in this day and age of gaming don't think twice about depth but rather about what looks and sounds good. What would give you a better first impression, depth and good backstory or explosions?

Yes I know people will point out that they will want depth but the bigger picture is that most gamers would choose explosions because the idea sounds awesome even though we've seen it hundreds of times before.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I'm a fan of Elder Scrolls and LoZ, and how he said OoT sucks, well OoT was one of the first 3d games, and it was relesed 12 years ago, he should shut up about Skyrim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom