• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Side Timeline Problem

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
On another topic, I had always assumed that Ganondorf/Ganon had some level of separation between them. My first game was OoT (though by the time I finished the game I had some knowledge of previous titles), and when Ganondorf transforms into Ganon at the end (and a new title card is used to announce it) I assumed Ganon was different on some level. His more simple animalistic form (compared to the human Ganondorf) to me suggested something more pure, some unlocking/tapping of triforce power.
However recent games with Ganondorf have either omitted Ganon (wind waker) or portrayed him differently (Twilight Princess). So in conclusion I would say that the definite relationship between Ganondorf and Ganon hasn't been fully explored, if there really is one.
"When Ganondorf transforms [in OoT], his human face is pulled away and only the pig remains, it can't be hidden anymore." - Satoru Takizawa
take that as you will.

Also, in WW, Daphnes refers to Ganondorf as Ganon until he sees that he's in his Gerudo form.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
"When Ganondorf transforms [in OoT], his human face is pulled away and only the pig remains, it can't be hidden anymore." - Satoru Takizawa
take that as you will.

Interesting.

Also, in WW, Daphnes refers to Ganondorf as Ganon until he sees that he's in his Gerudo form.

It's interesting that the King understands the difference enough to do this (and cares). I think it's also worth noting that in OoT Ganondorf transforms into Ganon in a moment of anger/desperation, whereas he seems far more collected and calm in his Wind Waker fight (and doesn't transform).

Anyways, we're getting off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom