• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Have Ever Been a Sequel to The Hangover?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
With The Hangover Part III just around the corner, i've been wondering if The Hangover should have even had a sequel to begin with. Now me, personally I hate every and all sequels, some worse than others. But The Hangover is kind of an odd topic, me personally I think that it should have been a stand-alone film, Part II had nothing going for it besides re-used jokes and Part III is REALLY pumping out the fact that after this it's over. What do you guys think?

MW7

I think it's fair to call both sequels money-grabs in this case. There was no artistic or conceptual reason to continue the story, but everyone knew they could cash in on the sequels. I wouldn't condemn the sequels though because they aren't bad movies, but they never had a chance to live up to the original. To be honest though I'm glad they were made because I'm a fan of Zach Galifianakis and think he deserves to be as famous as possible.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, people like it, and if people still want more then they deserve to have more. Just because things make money, that doesn't mean they're a money-grab.

That said, I never found the Hangover funny so, can live without it quite happily. :P But, if the fans want it, then they deserve it!

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Now me, personally I hate every and all sequels, some worse than others.

Whoa, dude. Clearly you have not seen Toy Story 2, Terminator 2, or the Dark Knight (along with countless others). But back on topic: The original didn't need a sequel, but obviously the studio knew that people would pay to see one, so thats why they made one. Money makes the world go round.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I did like the first movie, not as much as some people but it was a good laugh, the second didn't really need to happen in my opinion. The second one was still funny but I feel it was unnecessary to try and milk the first film just for sales but I guess if the fans want it then why not give it to them while making themselves a handy profit.

I really didn't understand what was so great about the first one. I only laughed once through the entire first movie, and I haven't seen the second one yet. Maybe it's because people made such a big deal out of it that my expectations were set a little too high. But hell, I laughed more during Titanic than that.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I enjoy some squeals, but there are some that should have never been done and The Hangover is one of them. It also means that I am going to have to be constantly kicking out minors if my theater gets this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom