• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Should the original characters appear in canon games?

There's probably a thread like this... I haven't looked.

Anyway, i was playing HW with a friend and he fell in love with Volga (don't know how, I then told him to go play Final Fantasy 4), but he then said 'Volga would make a cool character in a canon Zelda game.

Hmm, well i have a bit of a problem with the OCs, i don't hate them, they just don't feel right to me. I don't think any would be well suited for a canon Zelda appearance either...

But what do you guys think? Would you like to see Lana, Cia, Volga or Wizzro appear in a canon Zelda title?

Only if it's just cameos. If they get more roles than that, then it would be out of place since they're specifically made only for HW.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I love Lana to death (even if I don't have the game), and as much as I'd love to see that, I feel like her place is in Hyrule Warriors. Same with Cia and the others. I wouldn't mind seeing cameos of them in canon games, but I really feel like they're best suited to HW. I can't really think of how they'd work outside of that game without changing their character.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Yes, I believe they should appear in mainline games. Tecmo may have made HW but Nintendo owns the rights since it would not have happened if it weren't for Nintendo, seeing as Nintendo, through Aonuma, supervised the development.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There's probably a thread like this... I haven't looked.

Anyway, i was playing HW with a friend and he fell in love with Volga (don't know how, I then told him to go play Final Fantasy 4), but he then said 'Volga would make a cool character in a canon Zelda game.

Hmm, well i have a bit of a problem with the OCs, i don't hate them, they just don't feel right to me. I don't think any would be well suited for a canon Zelda appearance either...

But what do you guys think? Would you like to see Lana, Cia, Volga or Wizzro appear in a canon Zelda title?

Well Cia should appear, because boobs.

Volga should appear because he should become Volvavia and explain the origins of the Goron eating dragon like so many of us hoped would have been explained by now.

Lana should appear because she is so Kawaii.

I'm not fussed about Wizzro really, he is just a big poe essentially.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lana in a canon Zelda game. Don't know what they could do with her, though. She'd be a fun cameo.

As cool as a dragon person is, I didn't really see the point in Volga. Dragon people seem more like a Fire Emblem thing to me, I guess. I didn't really care about Wizzro, so I don't care to see him again.

I think the only character in HW I like to see in a main Zelda game is Lana (all because I like her a lot more than the other OC's). Other than her, I don't know if I want to see any of the other characters appear in a canon game. They only belong in HW, but of course, there's me wanting Lana in a canon Zelda game. XD

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Considering we have sword spirits. Demon swords, twilight people and some very interesting races. I would be very interested to see more into the race of Volga. The fact the dragon knight was molded after Volvavia could make for an interesting lore.

Wizzro makes me curious. Not by what he is more of what he wields. The blue ring. It summons him and seems to empower him. The fact the defensive item link used became a weapon and seemed to be what sealed Wizzro has me curious.

Cia and lana I'd only want to see them as the Time soceress in some game. Not in their split incomplete forms. I wanna know the complete lore behind the sorceress. The one the goddesses put in charge to maintain balance. Why did they choose her?

So much curiosity.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well they probably will only appear in HW. Wizzro could be left out of it. I didn't care for him. I don't think we will see any of them making a cameo. I did like Cia. She was a cool character. Even though I didn't care about her obsession with Link, she was still a cool villain. Cia and Zant both are two of the coolest villains I ever played against. So yeah I won't mind seeing them all except Wizzro back in another Zelda game or making a cameo.

I doubt we'll ever see them outside Hyrule Warriors...but that doesn't rule out sequels!

I think there are a lot more possibilities within the known Zelda cast and I'm surprised some of them weren't used. For example, various Links have had swordmasters or teachers. You'd think they'd be good in a fight, right? But we get...Agitha? Not that I dislike Agitha, she's one of my fave TP characters. I'm just surprised at the choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom