• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo wait to release a new 3D Mario game?

I've never been the biggest Mario fan, I don't like many of his games and he doesn't interest me as much as other Nintendo characters do. However, with the release of the Wii U I was rather excited to get my hands on a new HD 3D Mario platformer... something as gorgeous as Sunshine and playable as 64...

Then we got Super Mario 3D World... a sequel to Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS which was a game that I bloody hated. Thankfully 3D World was far better than 3D Land, but i still left disappointed, it wasn't the 3D Mario game i was hoping for...

Now with the Wii U struggling and the NX (Nintendo's possible next home console). Should Nintendo wait for the NX (or their next hom console if that isn't what the NX is) to release a true 3D Mario game like 64, Sunshine and Galaxy, or should they put it on the Wii U while its still breathing?

Salem

SICK
Put it on the Wii U, it needs as much games it can get, plus the next console will release when? 2016? That's too far a time for another main Mario game, the GCN and N64 had only one each, the Wii had 2, why not the Wii U as well?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
if its the true follow up to galaxy,then good god yes put it on wii u
regardless of 3d world's quality,i would have felt much better we got an actual successor to super mario galaxy rather than 3d land's sequel

if its the true follow up to galaxy,then good god yes put it on wii u
regardless of 3d world's quality,i would have felt much better we got an actual successor to super mario galaxy rather than 3d land's sequel
I personally was very disappointed with 3D Land. The music and especially level design were just not up to par with even New Super Mario Bros U. And the catsuit was just ridiculous.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I personally was very disappointed with 3D Land. The music and especially level design were just not up to par with even New Super Mario Bros U. And the catsuit was just ridiculous.
uh...cat suit? in 3d land?
you mean 3d world right,they really can't name their products to save their...nintendo die

Dan

I can't remember where, but I'm sure I saw a statement that they haven't ruled out another big Mario platformer for the console. I've yet to play Mario World but it looks entertaining, especially after seeing a let's play of it... maybe it was the let's play I found more entertaining, Bowsers pimp car and what have you.
I imagine that the next big Mario title will be on the next console since that's how it has always been. The only reason there was a Galaxy 2 was due to the fact that they had many ideas left behind. Who knows maybe they will break the FORMULA again. Oh and I love 3D land, just ring the 3DS numb stick a bit annoying to make precision jumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom