• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Have A Voice Actor?

1253886001_office-no.gif

Link is better being a silent hero!

T

Tekniko

Am I the only one who doesn't want voice acting for Zelda? Don't get me wrong, I love several games which have voice acting, like Fable (which I at least feel has its similarities to Zelda), but for me one of the big charms with Zelda is the fact that the communication in the game is done primarily through text. I can't put my finger on it, but I love that. I love that the Great Deku Tree's dialogue is written in really old English. I think if there had been some actor saying those lines... it would just lose its charm.

I am with you on this. I love voice acting when it's done right but Link and Zelda have been given voices by my imagination. When you go against that you ruin that personal relationship. It's the same thing that happens to books that go to video.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
If they ever give him a voice actor my choice would be the dude who does the voice of Kratos/God of War. I do not know who it is (who does the voice acting in God of War) but it would be rather brutal ;).

(But I prefer that they never give him a voice at all!)

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
I don't think that Link should talk. They should give voice acting to those around him, but Link is kind of a refelction of ourselves. We want to be him and we almost are playing the game, but if he were given a voice, then that would be shot out of the water, and unless they hire someone brilliant to play the part, it could ruin him and the game. I don't think its worth the risk to make Link talk, but voice acting should be implemented to the others. (I'm kind of curious what Gorons would sound like).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom