• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Deku Scrubs Return in SS?

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
if the octoroks in the SS demo were disguised as deku scrubs, are they coming back? i hope so.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Well its weird because it was confirmed that they were octoroks, but they act just like Deku Scrubs by shooting rocks/seeds at link...plus it looks like they pop out of the ground just like Deku Scrubs....Maybe a hybrid enemy? and I know that octoroks shoot rocks at their prey, but it's weird its like the developers combined the two....Id really like t see the deku scrubs again however :(

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Do you remember Redeads in Twilight Princess? In the Japanese version, they are called Gibdos. There might be similar case in Skyward Sword: Octoroks or Deku Scrubs?

Well its weird because it was confirmed that they were octoroks, but they act just like Deku Scrubs by shooting rocks/seeds at link...plus it looks like they pop out of the ground just like Deku Scrubs....Maybe a hybrid enemy? and I know that octoroks shoot rocks at their prey, but it's weird its like the developers combined the two....Id really like t see the deku scrubs again however :(

It's been confirmed that those are Octorocks disguised as Deku Scrubs. So they're Octorocks.

Pen

The game is on!
What if the SS-Octorocks are to split at some point in the game, and start evolving in different ways. One group becomes the Octorocks, and the other group becomes the Deku Scrubs.

____________________/
SS_Octorok.png

____________________\
_____
250px-Deku_Scrub.png

Djinn

and Tonic
The fact that the Scrubs looked a little too much like octoroks and could easily be confused for them if they have a few leaves on them or are hiding in bushes is a part of what makes me thing the Scrubs are in need of a redesign. I like the concept of the Deku scrub and that they have been expanded on to become another intelligent race living in Hyrule. Since they are no longer just a monster for Link to fight when in the woods I believe they should be changed some so that they do not resemble a woodland variety of octorok.

zelda_creature2.gif
Deku_Scrub_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

There are a few too many similarities between the two. And if octoroks are popping out of bushes and spitting rocks at Link in the forest, then the scrubs definitely need to be tweaked some.

Ganondork

goo
Deku Scrubs were a big thing in OoT and an even bigger thing in MM (our hero was obviously one during a portion of the game) and I was disappointed when WW and TP did not contain them. I am hoping oh so much that a miracle will happen and they will re-appear; even if they have to share the spotlight with the octorok rip-offs.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
I'm hoping for an origin on the Deku Scrubs when the game comes out.
If there were Deku Scrubs in OoT then there will be Deku Scrubs in SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom