• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Shield Surfing

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
As we all know, in Breath of The Wild, you can hop right on your shield, and go surfing.

It is agreed by most that shield surfing was a neat little feature, but how often do you actually use shield surfing?

I myself have never used it for a practical reason (Except the times I had to fort he shrine, or for the Gerudo Dungeon), and have only used it around 4 times just for fun (Although I do admit, I watch Link do that front-flip from time to time when I am bored)

Do you actually shield surf?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I shred the gnar pretty often. I like that it's a thing, and it makes the desert and mountains much more convenient to get around.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yup busted a hylian shield surfing down mt hylia and lanaryu mountain........... i have issues, i've busted about 15 royal shields because i love doing a glide while surfing and Hebra is freaking awesome for glidesurfs.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
By the way, I could have sworn that during Nintendo Treehouse or something, someone promised us that you could get an actual snowboard in the game. Does anyone remember this?

By the way, I could have sworn that during Nintendo Treehouse or something, someone promised us that you could get an actual snowboard in the game. Does anyone remember this?

I thought i found it but it was more of a sled/kite thing.

400px-BreathoftheWildKiteShield.jpg

I recall them mentioning a snowboard though.

MW7

I very rarely use shield surfing because I have a mental block where I feel like I'm wasting a shield's durability. It's a cool feature, but I don't take advantage of it enough.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
If the Hylian Shield had followed the Master Sword in having unlimited durability, I know I would use shield surfing more although the paraglider makes shield surfing less useful as you have to climb to great heights to use either of them effectively but the sail cloth will take you further. Perhaps if you could attack and perform maneuvers on a shield...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom