• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sequels To Movies That You Love That Others Generally Hate

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
There's quite a few sequels that I like while others absolutely hate. Here's a few of them:

Alien 3 (I even like the theatrical cut though the director's cut is awesome)

AvP: Requiem

Escape From L.A.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4, 5, and 6.

Back To The Future II

Batman Returns

Hellraiser 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9

Lost Boys 3

Poltergeist 3

Puppet Master 6

The Prophecy 3

Star Trek VI

Starship Troopers III

Terminator Salvation

The Crow 2 and 3

X-Men Origins Wolverine

What sequels do you like that others hate?

Last edited:
I have two: The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III.

Many people have a certain disdain for one or both of these movies, for varied reasons (TLW for its bad cast, my sources may be wrong on JP3; I don't really see what's wrong with it).

I, however, love the sequels as much as the first Jurassic Park.

I don't care what anyone says. The original JP is one of my favourite films. TLW I quite like simply because it feels different, and the dinosaurs are scarier than before. As for JP3: the cast, the plot, the whole thing, it's just brilliant (I adore the new dinosaurs in this!).

It's not a sequel, rather a prequel, but it was made after the original and I think it warrants mention in this thread.

Star Wars - Episode 1, 2 and 3, are all fantastic films that are generally hated by traditional Star Wars fans. They did a phenomenal job of explaining the origins of the original trilogy, they were well directed, beautiful effects, and they hardly tarnish the reputation of the original three. I'm definitely a fan of Star Wars, INCLUDING the prequels.

Alien 3, Jurassic Park - The lost world and the second Matrix.

Funnily enough, I covered Alien 3 and Lost World recently in a post on my film blog (shameless self promotion)
Issues that a lot of "terrible" sequels suffer seems to be simply in establishment - In a sequel, everything is already said and done as far as character development can (usually) go. Unless your name is James Cameron, you're gonna struggle!

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I love Star Wars episodes 1 and 2, they are generally disliked by fans. I like episode 3 alright but not as much as the first two, its beginning was amazing and the ending was great, but the middle was boring and depressing.

Scoby

France
i liked star wars revenge of sith, which is sequel to attack of clones i guess u can call it. But i did not like the other prequals, IMO no good job of explaining things and more stuff happen in revenge of sith than both of phantom menace and attack of clones put together hehe, but only my opinion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom