• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Second Playthrough?

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Sorry if this thread already exists, I looked but didnt find anything. But anyways, several gaming sites have reported that Miyamoto has confirmed a second playthrough of Skyward Sword!:) When I hear this two things come to mind: a "second quest" like in the original Zelda (which I find highly unlikely) or a master quest, which is still unlikely but far more possible. What do you think? Any ideas as to what it could be? Think the second playthrough is included in the 50-100 hours of gameplay? Thoughts:nod:

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I think that they mean a second quest like in LoZ and WW. The Master Quest is a pretty good idea though. Whatever. I don't really care; I'm just happy there's a second quest again.
It will probably be more like WW. Like getting to keep the original clothes and maybe a few other gimmicks. I'd love for something more though. But if that isnt the case Ill be more than satisfied with the game itself:)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hopefully TWW keeping original clothes alongside LoZ second questing. I doubt that is included in the 50-100 hours. If it is, I could careless because that just means even more content!! :3

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
While I'd like it to be a second quest like in TWW, it's more likely to be a Master Quest like in OoT3D, because of the confirmation of the hint things AND the boss replay mode.

It's probably following in that game's footsteps. It just seems logical.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm hoping it's not like WW's. That wasn't even a second quest. All it did was keep Link's starting clothes and translate the ancient Hylian. Which isn't a bad thing, not saying I didn't like reading what they ancient language said. I'm just saying I want a second quest like LoZ's. One that's different and tougher.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'd like for the first and second playthrough to be the same amount of time. Maybe there can be some added features to the secondary one, though. Like Link wearing his Skyloft outfit throughout it, or us finally getting the option to customize his tunic with more gear. :)

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I hope that it is a mixture of Wind Waker and Master Quest.

Double the damage, mirror the overworld, remix the dungeons, make hearts and other things not pop out of cut grass as frequently and it would be cool if Link could keep his Skyloftian Outfit.

If it's anything like this, I shall be please, if not, I will still be pleased because it's Zelda.

Last edited:

kaimason1

the Wanderer
a "second quest" like in the original Zelda (which I find highly unlikely) or a master quest, which is still unlikely but far more possible.

Umm... I might be a little confused, but aren't these two the exact same thing? I think the distinguishment is between WW and MQ, and I would much prefer a Master Quest. I want some replayability, not just a gimmick which takes up valuable room (a small amount, but it still does). I know that Master Quest would take up more room, but I think it would be really worth it, and keep me playing until this timw next year, considering the 50-100 hours of gameplay for a first runthrough.

Whatever they do, I hope they don't mirror the whole game again. I don't digg that.
As for the rest, I agree with The Minish. WW's second playthrogh was fun because of some of the extras, like the original outfit, the figurine collecting and the Ancient Hylian.
But it should be harder as well, and most of all, different enough to actually want to play the whole game again.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Whatever they do, I hope they don't mirror the whole game again. I don't digg that.
As for the rest, I agree with The Minish. WW's second playthrogh was fun because of some of the extras, like the original outfit, the figurine collecting and the Ancient Hylian.
But it should be harder as well, and most of all, different enough to actually want to play the whole game again.
No, in master quest the dungeons are re-done, the world is mirrored, and there is double damage; while second quest simply has a completley rearranged overworld. Both are cool, but Nintendo rearranging the overworld is doubtful. Whatever it is Im just glad there is a second playthrough:)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, in master quest the dungeons are re-done, the world is mirrored, and there is double damage; while second quest simply has a completley rearranged overworld. Both are cool, but Nintendo rearranging the overworld is doubtful. Whatever it is Im just glad there is a second playthrough:)

That's only in OoT 3D. The Master Quest was part of a pre-order bonus for WW and was just a port of OoT with different dungeons. No mirrored world or double damage. That was just put in the 3D version to enhance the challenge.

Somehow, I don't see it being a realistic expectation to get a LoZ or OoT style second quest. However, what I do consider a bit more plausible, because of how much they've been hyping up the combat system, is a second quest with more varied and interesting AI patterns in the enemies. Quicker attacks, more evasive, better at blocking. Because let's be honest, if this game is as massive as they're claiming, it's gonna be hard to make a whole new set of dungeons that live up to that quality. Altering the core game's enemies for a second quest, however, would please just about everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom