• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School Life with Exams

So for me, this year i have exams and to be totally honest even though i should be revising... i'm not, the distractions of gaming is too great. I'm getting good grades without revising so what could i do if i revised. Is anyone/did anyone have have this problem (lazyness) and should i pull my act together and revise?

Sir Analog

Hope Rides Alone
Define revising. Like, revising your exams? Or do you mean reviewing? I'd say review. I reviewed pretty hard for mine last semester, but didn't do too good on some of them because I was out of school for two weeks. (I did not take an arrow to the knee. I had Bronchitis.)

MW7

If you mean reviewing, then definitely yes. I'm in America so we don't probably have as high stakes of exams as you do, but the closest thing was probably the AP exams I took. I had a perfect GPA all throughout high school and felt that I understood everything. However, when it came to my results on my AP tests I did really bad compared to my expectations. I took exams in English, Statistics, American Politics and Government, U.S History, and Macroeconomics. On a 5 point scale I got 4's on my english, statistics, and macroeconomics exams, a 3 on the politics and government exam, and a 2 on my history exam. I received credit on three of the five I took, and I was expecting to get five out of five without doing any review. In the end my grades in high school couldn't matter less, but my AP scores really made a difference. So I say if you want to do well, study and review as much as you can because in as the example of my life shows, grades don't predict how you'll do on the exams that really matter. I got A's in all my corresponding AP classes, but clearly that didn't mean I was guaranteed to even pass my exams.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, when I was back in school, I never reviewed over my school work and still got A's and B's. Gaming is much more important! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom