• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School Choir and Band

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Were you ever in one of these groups?
I joined choir and I love it. plus i got into advanced choir:). I quit band cause i wanted to play rock and not classical. ( im a drummer.) I love singing and am decent at it.

amaterasu

Writer
I was in an elementry school band. We had recorders and ucelales. I stayed a recorder, and still have it today. I REALLY want to join the school band next year but idk if it cost any money to get your instrument. Instead, i did office aid. a whole period of running around school doing errands for the office or media center. basicaly what i did in elementry school when i finished work early.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I had to be in both for a quarter each but I only liked Chorus and my Band teacher was awesome but I am not going into those again I am going to be in Biotechonolgy next year and I am going to skip Chorus and Band.

I'm in my school's marching band, and we placed third in our class in the nation last year. I love band, and I've met so many awesome people that I'll be friends with forever. It's a great experience, even if it does take up a whole semester for you. I play the clarinet by the way, and I also march bass clarinet.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I used to be in the choir in my school, but they've been singing the same songs again and again, and it started to get pretty boring, so I left. I love singing, but I like singing good songs. Not the same boring things over and over again. I tried to get them to do stage songs of some sort, but they were denied and replaced with latin/religious songs, which became the main agenda, sadly. >_>

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I used to be in the choir in my school, but they've been singing the same songs again and again, and it started to get pretty boring, so I left. I love singing, but I like singing good songs. Not the same boring things over and over again. I tried to get them to do stage songs of some sort, but they were denied and replaced with latin/religious songs, which became the main agenda, sadly. >_>

aahhh. well, some songs like that are good ( sometimes kind've maybe not really.), but my choir director also chooses songs like don't stop believing hello goodbye, etc

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Back in Primary School I ended up in the Choir and Orchestra, the latter being the equivalent of a band, and, even though i'm not terribly musically inclined these days, I have to say that they were the best extra-curriculum activities i've ever been a part of.
Certainly made things easier when school plays came round, we always knew the songs in advance.

For a while I was part of my Secondary school choir but I ended up dropping out. I didn't really have the time to keep up with those practices in addition to my actual classes, especially when said practices end up being in the middle of an in-progress lesson.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I've had a long and beautiful relationship with music within schools. In 4th grade at an elementary school I used to attend, people could start band up there, and I chose to play the Alto Saxophone. It was a very basic band, for we didn't sit while we played, we rented instruments from the city, and the percussion played on practice pads even on performance.

Once I moved down to Georgia in 5th grade, I could not do band because band started in 6th grade in this school district. However, every year, the middle school's bands tour the county's elementary schools to recruit band members, and people would be given the opportunity to try out instruments. When I tried out for saxophone, I was the only person who could hold their breath for longer than five seconds. So, I re-joined band (technically), and once again, picked up the saxophone.

Well, 6th grade came along, and I was one of the few people who had played their instrument before, so I didn't like the first, few, horrible sounding days of the music program. However, our band eventually came on top. In 7th and 8th grade (our band program does it on a grade-level for middle school (7th grade band, 8th grade band), our band pulled off straight superiors in the festivals.

Then, high school came about, and I joined the marching band, and I liked it very much so. 9th grade was an amazing show, 10th grade was sort of meh, but 11th grade (I'm now in 12th) was the year where we won the state championship for our hard work and dedication. The first two years of High School, I spent them in the school's concert band, always in the top 3 chairs. Then, the next two years (including this upcoming year), I spent them in the school's Symphonic Band (2nd highest band, highest is Wind Ensemble), always in the top three chairs.

After high school, I plan to further my musical knowledge by attending college for a degree in music education, which is proven to be much harder than getting a medical degree. So, that's my long and probably unnecessary story about music in my schooling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom