• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Save File Horror Stories

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Some games in the Zelda franchise are notorious for their game-breaking glitches, missable upgrades, and crashes. Your save file may be corrupted to the point of not being able to beat the game or get 100% of the items and upgrades, or it might be deleted altogether.

So, my question is the following:

Have you ever had something horrible happen to a save file in a Zelda game?

It could be anything from getting the game into an unbeatable state or permanently missing upgrades to being punished by MM's saving system or random crashing.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I remember my Gamecube deleting/breaking all of my saves for the Zelda Master Collection. Most heartbreaking of all, that meant losing my progress in Majora's Mask. :( I don't remember where I was but there wasn't very many masks left to get. Was quite gutted at that, and I've no idea why it did that.

Salem

SICK
I lent my friend my old copy of Zelda LA, when he gave it back, all files were the same, and unerasable, Link was stuck somewhere, and all of the items were Roc's feather. I mead a thread about it.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Well, there was a certain glitch I tried way back to become Fierce Deity Link outside of boss rooms in MM, but I messed up the execution and the game crashed. After that, I reset, and my save file was gone!

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I was the cause of my sister's save file horror stories. I would steal her Pokemon, restart her animal crossing town(but keep her villager by moving it to my town, then moving it back over) and a whole bunch of other things. She never knew it was me though. I might be evil.

ILU

i luv u
I got through FF9 to like... Near end of the game. Then save-data corrupted. Waited years to have smother go at it.

Same thing happened with Parasite Eve. I stopped using anything MadCatz brand because of it. >_>

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
When I was a kid, mine and my brother's OoT save files would keep getting deleted for some reason. Sometime earlier this year or towards the end of last year, I lost my NES Classics Series copy of TLoZ for GBA, loosing the farthest in progress Second Quest file I ever had. Also, more recently, water got on my MM gold cartridge for N64, thus me loosing more data.

That'll be all for now.

I lent my friend my old copy of Zelda LA, when he gave it back, all files were the same, and unerasable, Link was stuck somewhere, and all of the items were Roc's feather. I mead a thread about it.
I assume you stopped being friends with that guy.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have too many too tell. I am really bad about saving.... and I also tend to leave my system running instead of saving and quitting, then I come home and someone has turned off the system. I have almost Killed my brother for this. My mother I cant do much about it, cuz she dont give a shiz about my video game struggles..... so you know.... I just mumble and move on!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I have sooo many... Pretty sure very few people have suffered lost data the amount of times I have. I had to watch that stupid cutscene with Mikau like four times because of MM's horrible saving system. And once, while playing on the Wii VC with a GC controller, I got frustrated with some ReDeads and pulled back angrily on the cord of the controller, which made the Wii fall over in the perfect position that the reset button hit the leg of a chair next to it, so I lost all of my progress since the beginning of the three day cycle. My Wind Waker file got corrupted, too... And I once let a little kid play Ocarina of Time 3D and he deleted my Master Quest file somehow... Not to mention that I have accidentally deleted both my Twilight Princess save file (first playthrough, I was in the Palace of Twilight; I cried) and my entire Super Smash Bros. Melee file with all unlocked characters (which later, after restarting, became corrupted as well). I have the WORST luck.

I have a more fun story that happened to my friend in PH though. He used Action Replay to jump over the Goron that's supposed to prevent you from getting to the temple before you talk to all the Gorons on the island. He then beat the temple and tried to leave the island, but Ciela wouldn't let him because she told him he had to finish talking to all the Gorons. So he did, but the Goron Elder refused to proceed with his normal dialogue when you do that. There were also two Gongorons, one of either side of the elder. One of them was pre-dungeon Gongoron that called him an outsider, and the other was post-dungeon Gongoron who congratulated him and acted friendly. It was immensely amusing to me to see him get so severely punished for trying to cheat his way out of a part of the game. He pretty much had no choice but to start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom