• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Saria Question?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
When you go defeat the Forest Temple Saira says, ' Thanks to you I was able to awaken as a sage' But.. Does that mean she was dead and therefore only live in spirit form as a Sage? Because I think all the other sages continued to live outside the Sacred real Exept Raru and Saria.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
There is this theory that they have to die in order to become sages.
Saria: Goes into the Forest Temple, and we never see her again.
Darunia: Goes to fight Volvaiga and presumably dies.
Ruto: Swims up into the Water Temple and probably gets killed by enemies.
Impa: Goes to fight Bongo-bongo and dies.
Nabooru: Twinrova probably kills her when you are on your way to the boss chamber.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
No, it means she was unhappy with what you did and:
A: She did not want to be a sage.
B: She did not want to go on with what she was saying.

I'm quite confused by this. Why would Saria be unhappy about being a Sage?

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
@RamboZelda She is a child, she wanted to live life, have fun, and enjoy the forest/nature. Why would anyone want to eternaly sleep in a temple to wait for a hero who will throw her away after his death?

All the other sages seem fine doing it. Ruto wanted to marry Link (if Link went crazy and actually let her), but she seemed fine with becoming a sage in order to help Link. Saria was, out of the sages, Link's closest friend. I just don't think Saria would have looked at the situation with the idea of eventually being thrown away, but would be happy to help Link while she can.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
Just because Saria is a child doesn't mean she's selfish and can't think of the greater good by helping Link. So maybe she is sad because she has to leave the forest, and as a Kokiri who wouldn't be? But just because she is sad about leaving the forest doesn't mean she can't be happy about helping Link as a sage.

No, it means she was unhappy with what you did

At that point, Link had done nothing but be locked in The temple of time/sacred Realm for 7 years, oh and not to mention grow up. But Saria knew he wasnt Kokiri. She knew someday he was going to grow up.

I hardly see her being 'upset' with Link in any way. Granted I've always seen Ruto, Malon, and Saria as Link's potential loves... Maybe Link growing up broke her heart. I mean it is possible... They never will physically be the same age, and Saria would live on despite Link's mortal death.

I never thought of her as dying... I mean even after you complete the forest temple you can still call on Saria for help with her song.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
There is this theory that they have to die in order to become sages.
Saria: Goes into the Forest Temple, and we never see her again.
Darunia: Goes to fight Volvaiga and presumably dies.
Ruto: Swims up into the Water Temple and probably gets killed by enemies.
Impa: Goes to fight Bongo-bongo and dies.
Nabooru: Twinrova probably kills her when you are on your way to the boss chamber.

This is an extremely interesting theory that makes a lot of sense. They never exactly re-enter the population, either. The only time you ever see the Sages again are destroying the barriers in Ganon's Tower, and then in the credits they overlook Hyrule's celebration from Death Mountain together. Nabooru is a weird one though, I wonder if maybe Link is the one that killed her... remember how you have to fight her? Maybe Link actually gives her a fatal blow? I certainly hope that's not the case... that would be quite sad.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Saria? Unhappy with being a sage?
I don't really think so.

The Kokiri, being childs forever, eternally, and having as much fun as a child can do, doesn't means Saria doesn't want to be a sage because she wants to go play wit the other kids.
In fact, when you get to the Kokiri Forest as an adult, the forest is infested with monsters, thus the Kokiris cannot even go play without being hurt, eaten, etc.
Second off, some Kokiris as Mido (who guards one of thosebig trunks and only lets people pass by proving him they are friends of Saria) go to the Lost woods and have almost no human interaction.
Third off, and finally, Saria senses danger in the Forest Temple, and she actually goes to the Forest Temple, not you, and, considering you never see her inside the temple, people can consider Saria dies in the Forest Temple, and she reencarnates in a sage after Link puts away the evil in the Forest Temple by beating/killing Phantom Ganon.

So no, I don't think by any means there is a valid justification as to why Saria would be unhappy with being a sage, rather than that she seems very happy by helping Link being the sage she is.

EDIT: Oh, I have just read baysiderulez comment that Saria can't die because you can ask her for help by playing Saria's song... well, who knows what happened to her after entering the temple? No one can know =S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom