• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Safe Temperature to Store Video Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knew what temperature is the lowest that video games should be stored at? I have a bunch of my stuff at my grandparents house and while they are away for the winter the house sit around 40ºF (4ºC). I know that people place video games in storage containers that get much colder than that. I just wanted to know if any certain objects should get cold, such as R.O.B. or a Virtual Boy. I've heard (but don't really believe it) that screens go bad faster when they are cold.

If anyone has any knowledge about this please let me know.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
While I couldn't find specific information on video game products, what I did find is that electronics they can be stored at pretty low temperatures. Now if you wanted to operate a system or play the games, you might want to consider letting them warm up a bit before trying as the operating temperatures seem to require the system/games should be a bit warmer. c:

If you really wanted to be on the safe side, you could also contact Nintendo and ask them for the environmental temperatures that they suggest storing games in through email or (faster way) calling them. :J

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would say as long as it is not any colder than 40 degrees and any higher than 90 degrees and you should be fine. But yes contact Nintendo if you are really that worried.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
The only thing I've heard is that electronic items won't charge as fast in the cold, but some of the older stuff like ROB and the Virtual Boy I would keep somwhere else just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Thanks guys, I just checked and the house stays between 40 and 45ºF, and that is were the Thermostat is. The games are about 15 from the heater so they are in the warmest part of the house for now. I checked with a friend who is a collecter and he said that 40ºF is fine, but to let them warm up before use. I will be opening all that stuff up this summer, so I don't need to worry about that.

Again, thank you again to all of you who helped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom