• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rupees?

M

majoraskullkid

It is the name of the monetary system in India, Din! Just look out in all of the thread there is plenty of people who says it.

Zarom

The King
French meaning

Hello. I saw that they were call rupy (or ruby) in LOZ. I'm a french person, and in french, it means ''rubis''. As for rupees, they are ''roupies'' in french.
:cool:

Last edited:

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
The rupee (₨ or Rs.) (Hindi: rupiya, Sanskrit: rupyakam Sinhala: rupiyal meaning coins of silver) is the common name for the currencies used in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Mauritius, and Seychelles; in Indonesia the unit of currency is known as the rupiah and in the Maldives the rufiyah, which are cognate words of Hindi rupiya. The Indian rupee is subdivided into one hundred paise (singular paisa) or pice, the Sri Lankan rupee into 100 cents and the Nepalese rupee can be subdivided into one hundred paisa or pice (both singular and plural) or four Sukas (sing. Suka) or two Mohors (sing. Mohor).

That what's Wikipedia is saying about rupees

T

The DSM

I think rupee are worth nothing, who wolud pay £30 for 10 bombs?

Zarom

The King
I am Error

I've recently played LOZ and I noticed that in my version of LOZ (I have the one in the Collector's Edition on the Gamecube) , it isn't written ''ruby'', but really ''rupee''.
That made me think that the picture I saw previously may have been a fake one.

If I'm mistaken, please let me know. :lol::wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom