• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Rupee Rush?

I have New Super Mario Bros. 2 and the only reason I haven't traded it in to my local Gamestop is the coin rush mode. For those of you who don't know what coin rush is, it's a mode where you are given one life and have to collect as many coins as possible, but you only have 100 seconds to do so. This made me think of having a rupee rush in the next Zelda game. However, this didn't sound nearly as fun. And to the point of this post, I'd like to hear what other ideas for rupees you have. Not really more uses, but just some fun little goals to keep you playing after the side quests and main quest. Things like getting one million rupees or some kind of unlock-able mini game, I dunno. Just think of some ideas.

Deeds

no text
I have New Super Mario Bros. 2 and the only reason I haven't traded it in to my local Gamestop is the coin rush mode. For those of you who don't know what coin rush is, it's a mode where you are given one life and have to collect as many coins as possible, but you only have 100 seconds to do so. This made me think of having a rupee rush in the next Zelda game. However, this didn't sound nearly as fun. And to the point of this post, I'd like to hear what other ideas for rupees you have. Not really more uses, but just some fun little goals to keep you playing after the side quests and main quest. Things like getting one million rupees or some kind of unlock-able mini game, I dunno. Just think of some ideas.

I don't really understand. Do you mean a mini-game on Zelda3DS where you have to get as many Rupee's as possible in a period of time? I'm confused.

Since Zelda isn't exactly a fast-paced platformer, I'd say having a "Rupee Rush" in the same vein as the Coin Rush wouldn't work well. Perhaps a Mercenaries-type mode like in the modern Resident Evil games where you kill as many enemies as you can before time runs out. Actually, something I'd like to see that would really boost replay value comes off of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. In PMD, you can constantly take on rescue/exploration missions - basically sidequests - and earn physical rewards like money and items, in addition to points that accumulate and increase your rank. Higher ranks bring higher benefits, so it's something you'll want to do frequently.

Zelda could have a similar system with its sidequests. You could have the "big" sidequests that are unique and varied (think Majora's Mask) and then an infinite number of "little" sidequests that involve things like searching dungeons for missing items/people, defeating hordes of enemies/specialized mini-bosses, and other more "streamlined" things. Basically things that can easily reproduce, not unique story-based quests. Accumulated points from these sidequests could not only grant you physical benefits like money, but congregate in some sort of online leaderboard to show who's the "greatest hero" if you want to look at it that way. However you approach it, Zelda should take advantage of online in some way to increase longevity.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
IDEA:

Mini-game: Rupee Rush. Link finds hidden rooms that turn him 2D. He looses the use of his items in 2D. (or maybe not. I guess it doesn't matter too much)
gfs_43085_2_3.jpg

The rooms would all be different. Some would have monsters you need to avoid (or destroy if they let you keep items) or a maze you need to navigate, all under a certain amount of time- collect as many rupees as you can! If you collect them all within the time limit and without dying, perhaps you get a piece of heart or a large rupee.

Deeds

no text
IDEA:

Mini-game: Rupee Rush. Link finds hidden rooms that turn him 2D. He looses the use of his items in 2D. (or maybe not. I guess it doesn't matter too much)
gfs_43085_2_3.jpg

The rooms would all be different. Some would have monsters you need to avoid (or destroy if they let you keep items) or a maze you need to navigate, all under a certain amount of time- collect as many rupees as you can! If you collect them all within the time limit and without dying, perhaps you get a piece of heart or a large rupee.

That's a nice idea, I must say. The 2D visuals should be re-mastered though, to look kind of modern. Although I'd love it old-school, I'm sure others wouldn't.

This would be Ideal for a Multiplayer Mini-game. Since Zelda has done something like that before with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, I have no problem with them doing something on the similar lines again. I wouldn't want this in the main game though, I think I'd be pretty bored trying to get as many rupees as possible. Collecting Coins in New Super Mario Bros. 2 is just as boring.

Fig

The Altruist
Technically, both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks have a "Rupee Rush" mode when you download play with other players. I would like to see a minigame in the new 3DS Zelda to have as a nice bonus feature.

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
I like the idea, however when you mean find hidden rooms, do you mean in temples?
because I dont think it would work very well in temples. Maybe there was a mini game place, like bombchu bowling from ocarina of time, then yes it would work very well. There could shifting mazes and you would have a certain amount of time to get all the ruppes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom